rhino

Dedicated to my son Daniel..

I listened to this song every morning for a year when my son was kidnapped.. I was so afraid that the next time I got to see him he would be grown up and resent me for not being there and that I would be rejected. It brings a tear to my eyes just thinking about how painful it was. All in all.. I did not lose my sons youth and when we got back together "1 year after her was taken from me" we were closer than when his mom took him from me. I pick him up this afternoon for our first 3 night weekend in 2 YEARS!!
Here are most of the words from the song.. IT helped me through a hard time.
May the good Lord be with you down every road you roam. And may sunshine and happiness surround you when you are far from home. And may you grow to be proud, dignified and true. And do on to others as you would have done to you. Be courageous and be brave and in my heart you will always stay, forever young. May good fortune be with you may your guiding light be strong. Build a stairway to heaven.. May you never love in vain and in my heart you will always remain forever young. And when you finally fly away I will be hoping that I served you well for all the wisdom of a lifetime no one can ever tell but whatever road you chose I am right behind you win or lose. Forever young.
I know their are more of you that have or are going through a nasty custody case.. It sucks that people don't play fair and that they aren't honest. The system sucks.. But the payoff for persistence is a happy child that knows "the parent" loves him or her. Don't give up.. EVER.. That little soul that thinks you can do no wrong is depending on you.
Rhino
Blue Skies and Smooth Rides!!
http://www.aahit.com

CONGRATS Rhino..........
Have a great weekend. I met my dad when I was 10 years old at the end of an airport gate. Now we are the best of friends, more than "just" a father and son........
SkyDekker
"We cannot do great things, only small things with great love" Mother Theresa

Wow, you are a stronger man than I. I would be destroyed by something like that. It is my three year old son Drake's picture that you see on my posts. The "Dude" as he is known around the dropzone is everything to his dad.
Congratulations! I can't even imagine the joy you must feel...
-Hixxx
"Sous ma tub, Dr. Suess ma tub" :S

Good for you and Yours Rhino!!! Have a great time and I hope everything works out for the best for your family

everyone else understand a child needs both parents and the 'battling' between the two isn't good for the child

When both parents finally realize that it is all about the children and not themselves. That is One of the hardest lessons that I had to learn
Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

You know what is frustrating guys.. The other side is a pathological liar. She has been lying for so long she believes it.. I think.. She is unwilling to put my son first because of her own hangups?? I hope I am explaining it right.. So I have to be twice as nice as I should have to be to play her games against her. It is even harder because I have had to lay down my sword so to speak so my son doesn't witness conflict. Thanks for everyones support!! My son loves the DZ also.. He hasn't been in 2 years but it's coming!! I use to take him camping out there all the time.. HE loved it! He would walk around with sprite in one hand and pretzels in the other sharing with LADIES only.. Kind if funny actually..

I feel for ya Rhino...
My X is Bi Polar. Ever try to reason with one? I cringe every time I hear the words "I dreamt". Dream = Reality in her book, can't argue THAT point now, can you? But regardless of the fact that she is a frickin lunatic, she is still my kids mother and I have no right to try and take her away from my children ,Beleive me, I have tried. It took a few years of constant frustation on my part before I finally gave up trying to control the situation and to just let it be.
I still have my kids pretty much full time, but I don't sweat it when they're late coming home or when plans get changed last minute. And I know that the easening of the tensions are letting my kids enjoy being with both their parents and not having to worry about "Picking sides" which they NEVER EVER should have done in the forst place.
But like everything else in life, this is my story and my opinion, Your mileage may vary
Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

I totally agree.. Children shouldn't feel guilty about seeing either parent.. She tried to alienate him against me when she took him but it didn't work.. He was 2.5 and luckily we had a strong enough of a bond she couldn't break it. And I maintained phone conversations with him for that year. I had a Texas judge sign an order stating I would get phone time with my son or he would swear out a warrant for her arrest.. lol. God bless Texas!! :)
Rhino

Way Way Cool Rhino!!
I'm happy for ya bro!! What ya have planned?? I got some good news too, pre approved for that home loan so I gotta get busy and find a place,, having my daughter again is,, well what can I say.....I attached a pict of us together taken over a year ago,, she's grown some and is even cuter!!
Don't read this shit down here,, it's nonsense,,,