divejunky

wffc

I hear they are gonna have the jet, a JATO C130, the connie, AND while they are at it, elvis, kurt Kobain, and janis joplin doing the entertaining every night... ;)
I wonder when Don is gonna stop advertising stuff he cant get? Although I should probably keep my mouth shut, as I havent heard him make any of his generally false claims yet for 2002. IMHO, its only a matter of time till the website is updated with said drivel.
In the interest if full disclosure, I HAVE been personally burned by his claims (beleived the jet claim in '99) so I am not spouting off TOTAL hearsay... Needless to say I am a little bummed that I vowed to never attend an event benefiting/associated with Don Kirlin, and they are moving within 2 hours of my house. Oh well, guess thats just more jump $$ for Richmond THE boogie 2002 ;) (yes, its my home DZ before you ask my affiliation LOL)

Roy... did you get all the facts on the Jet? Its sure don't sound like you have the whole story, just the one that most jumpers believe. ie rec.'s version... The '99 jet was close, just fell though late. Michael is not posting ANYTHING on the Website before it is confirmed in writing, thats from personal experience with him. He is leading the charge to only advertise what is going to happen, not what Could happen.
I have no affilation with WFFC, just dug deeper then most jumpers to get the whole story...
Cause I don't wanna come back down from this cloud... ~ Bush

The '99 jet was close, just fell though late
----------------
How late is late? they were still claiming it was gonna be there the day before.
And based on your theory, do you have an explanation why amerijet claims (via letter to the ed. in parachutist) they told Don at the end of the past year in no uncertain terms they would NOT return? That APPEARS to be an outright lie on somebody's part.
It would be interesting to hear an official statement from all sides on exactly what happened.

I am one of the first smiling faces (along with Bernice, Judy, Ellen, Jess, Glenna, etc) you will see as you enter registration. I will be greeting skydivers for about 36 or 37 hours a day, (ok so the days just seem to get longer as the 10 days advance) trying to make sure the registration process goes smmmmmoooooothhhhh. This year I have also been helping with a little of the advanced planning, meaning Bernice and I have pretty much worn out her Toyota. We've travelled the whole free world looking at various airports, talking to City Councils and Sports Commissions, and Convention and Visitors Bureaus. We've kept the Michillin folks busy (wearing out tires) been living off junk food. If we hadn't been working our asses off over this thing, they'd be as big as this DZ.

Ok so you still have a bad taste in your mouth from last year or the year before. Don't go this year. I could care less how you feel about the WFFC. I've been the last 4 years and am going this year.
Idiocy = Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Ok so you still have a bad taste in your mouth from last year or the year before. Don't go this year. I could care less how you feel about the WFFC. I've been the last 4 years and am going this year.
---
So go... I personally have integrity as a businessperson, and only do business with other companies that do things on the up-and-up. I got burned, expressed my opinion based on the facts at hand, and choose not to give him any more of my $$.
If the "facts" are incorrect, then I encourage Mr. Kirlin to publicly give his side of the story in detail (to explain the discrepency between his and amerijets' stories), because a large number of people are misled by incorrect information.
hopefully I am not being percieved as Tandemterry II.
Its just a personal deciscion based on the information gathered over time, no reason to get nasty. hope you have fun.
Opinions are like assholes....

I'm going, i've never been, and could care less about what happened in the past. I'll give it a chance and make the best of it. If people are unhappy with the WFFC then they won't go, if attendence drops that will be the feedback. If people are unhappy, speak with your absence. There are plenty of great boogies all over that can satisfy everyones urge. Some of the best ones are the small ones!
-Rap

Did you get burned or were you just disappointed that the jet was not there?
-----------
Considering I drove out SPECIFICALLY thursday to jump the jet (and other specialty AC) at first I was disappointed.
Then several months later I hear that the supplier of the jet was never planning on being there, indicating that the organizer wasnt up-front with us by perpetuating an apparent lie (I assume for fear of people like me who wouldnt have gone had it not been there), I felt betrayed and lied to.
Honestly, it wasnt worth my time (I couldnt get more than several days off) to drive out for just regular old skydives.

regular old skydives? I haven't done that yet... WFFC rocks without the specialty aircraft. That is just a bonus. What about endless organized RW loads, skydivers from all over the world to jump and party with and never having to wait more than a few minutes to get on a load? Not to mention free beer. The boggie fee and transportation to/from is well worth it in my opinion even without the helicopters, balloons, bi-planes, etc...
chopchop
PD makes canopies all day long, you only have one life, when in doubt, cut away...

Wasn't being nasty. Just didn't like you putting down Don when you don't have "ALL" the facts. If you go to WFFC for just one thing like the jet, connie, or other special ride then it possible you will be disapointed. Things happen and people can't follow thru. I would go if there were only coing to be CASA's and Otters. Beats the hell out our 1 C-182.
I feel Don does the best he can for the magnatude of the event he pulls off.
Idiocy = Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

the first thing that we have to do is get an office set up. You know, desks, computers, phones, stuff like that. Then with that we can use their GIS system to have our grounds people put together some great info for us. Then as the vendors sign up, and the skydivers reserve the DZ row tents we have the back bone of the sight. What is available right now is as big as a banquet table, and would take the rest of this month to down load. You can go to MSN's TerraServer, and see the Village of Rantoul, which includes the airport, if you want to see it faster than that. Those huge triangular things in the middle are gonna be huge ass LZ's. The 1 hangar in the middle is the size of a couple of football fields if that gives you some perspective.

Okay, here's that TerraServer pic (<--------------look over at the attachment), I've put numbers on the runways and hangars and letters on the open spaces so that should help people locate what's being talked about.
Umm... which runway(s) will be active? And which sections (A - F) will be landing areas?
PTiger
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way