LawnDart21

The FrankenOtter is naked.

I was at CSS this past week and saw the Frankeotter parked out in front of the hangar, all the paint was gone, with a grey metallic sheen like the day she was bolted together. The paint job may change, but the memories will remain!!!! "Your gonna jump out of THAT!!!!!!!!" Love that plane. Don't let teh legend fade away.
"I live to EFS"
Tom
as a footnote, I was on a cluncky Dash 27 Otter that same day and hear a freeflier say "I'll be big pimpin' all day long in the Frankenotter". I said "did you get that line from Skydiving Magazine this past month?" He said, "yeah, big pimpin' with the Frankeotter. Why?" I said, "I'm Tom from Belmont, I'm the one that wrote that." We laughed and laughed about that all the way to altitude........

I hear ya Clay, I still remember the first time I saw the plane in Lake Wales last year. I'd take teh FrankenOtter over a Casa anyday. The upside, is that they took 1200lbs of paint off, and are only putting 400lbs back on. You know what that means, right? FASTER climb!!!!!
"I live to EFS"
Tom

What I heard is that they're painting it b/c everytime they flew to a non-DZ airport the FAA gods would decend on them like ravenous dogs and try to figure out why/how that plane was flying, etc...That's just scuttlebutt, though, so who knows.
"Give me one ping and one ping only..."

have all his planes painted like the famous blue stripe CASA

So it's like a gear-fag RW crowd type thing? Gotta have everything match, see, my socks match my canopy...
;) I'm kidding. (Hell, I spent an hour the other day trying to find some cool airwalks/vans or something to match my new jumpsuit). :D
"Give me one ping and one ping only..."

The upside, is that they took 1200lbs of paint off, and are only putting 400lbs back on. You know what that means, right? FASTER climb!!!!!

That's the same as having 4 fewer jumpers on every load! Holy crap, that thing's gonna be dangerous! I was doing a tandem on a slow day once, so it was just me, my TM, and 4 or 5 other people (I was basically subsidizing the entire load :)PTiger
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way

they took 1200lbs of paint off, and are only putting 400lbs back on.

Umm you sure on that number? A C-5 galaxy only has about 1000 lbs of paint on it. I think you'd have to paint it on about an inch thick to get 1200 lbs on an otter. The empty weight of one of the cessna 172s I fly is 1300 pounds.
Dave

actually, the plane is being redone as per president bush's orders on some advice from h. ross perot. ross told georgy boy the easiest way to end the middle east conflict was to dump poisinous snakes over the terrain.....yeah, thats right, thats the ticket.....