mjkoziel

Brain Buckets

I use an open face helmet for all my jumps - RW or freefly.
The Gath is actually a surfing helmet. It provides less protection than a Protec and has no provision for an audible. Mindwarps are popular, comfortable and the newest versions have an interior audible mount. The only Velocity's I've seen were kind of heavy but other than that a nice helmet. I jump an Aviator and like it alot - the current version also has an interior audible mount (single or double available).
Pretty much all of the open face helmets provide good peripheral vision.
pull & flare,
lisa
"But our reality is in fact entire illusion!"
-Gregory Benford

I have a mindwarp and love it. It is very comfortable and is fitted to your face.

Might want to check and see if you have that on backwards. Could make altitude awareness a little tricky. :)"Fixing the world through self-destruction."

I've also seen some people wear a full face with the lense off.

I've done that with my Z1 before- no visor and sunglasses- I like doing that. I love my Z1, but I'm probably gonna get a Mindwarp sometime in the not-too-distant future I think- I like to feel the air...:)"If I could be like that, I would give anything, just to live one day, in those shoes..."

i've owned 3 helmets, and i have yet to meet one i like. right now i fly the mindwarp, it's o.k. i guess. but i prefer not to wear one period. (i know, mr. safety) but unless i jump with others, i won't wear one. i have a leg strap for my pro-trac, but a lot of good that does when it comes to the "audible" alerts. although i did bump my head on the grip rail the other day while doing a hop-n-pop, i still hate em'. but just because that's the way i do it, doesn't mean it's for everyone. they are safe! i had a oxgen A-3 i liked fairly well once, but sold it. the next one i get will have two internal audible ports, and a full face, any suggestions lisa?
Blue Skies, Hot Days:
Richard
rigdog.com
"It's Coming, And It's Coming Soon!"

Richard, go check the Freeflier forum, there's a post about a new Bonehead FF fullface that they're making.
As for me, I go with out a helmet. Sort of by choice, I just haven't gotten the $180 together for a Bonehead and haven't wanted to put the $30 out for a Pro-Tec. I might get a Pro-Tec in the mean time, since it is a good idea to have one for FF.
"Homer Simpson, smiling politely."