Sebazz1

Northern California Bay Area Night Jumps.........

Where: Adventure Center Skydiving, Hollister.
When: Friday April 26th, 2002; Briefing starts at 6:45pm (get there earlier to do a jump if you never been there) Wheels up 8:15pm.........
Cessna $20 King Air $25.........$10 for ground crew. Those guys stick around late n' all and don't get to jump:P
Need: Helmet, Glow Sticks, Strobe Light, Small Flashlight, Clear goggles, Whistle, etc............
Manifest by April 24th (800-FUN-JUMP)
200 acre field to land in:)There will be a ground crew with lights and other goods. The SIM says B license requirements but don't quote me on that.
I think I will be there myself.........
SEBAZZ.......

Need: Helmet, Glow Sticks, Strobe Light, Small Flashlight, Clear goggles, Whistle, etc............

As well as a fog horn, beer, boobies, video camera, and a hot female student to do a naked tandem with the Sebazz!
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day! -Office Space

People getting together as a team to accomplish something that takes much more prep than an average skydive, fun!
Stepping out the door into darkness, what a feeling!
Seeing your buddies all glowing in freefall as your turning points, priceless!
Something people need to try at least once, at least! Don't you agree?
I did a night Demo earlier this year into an Olympic torch carrying ceremony in Seaside CA. No moon, just the city lights and 4 skydivers floating in out of nowhere with various flags. It was one of the greatest rushes I ever had in my life!B|
SEBAZZ.......

How exactly does a night jump work? How do people judge the landing?

Usually use your flashlight for seeing when to land. Just flare at your normal altitude. Most dropzones will have everyone park their cars around the landing area and have the headlights turned on so it lights up the area.
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day! -Office Space

I just wanted to push this to the top and mention that those who have never done night jumps need to ground crew the first load for the night jumps scheduled in the first post.
I will not shamelessly post on this thread again till next week................B|
SEBAZZ.......

Thought it was a requirement for your C.
So you get paid to ground crew the first load ?

Nope....2 night jumps for a D license. You might get paid something if someone is doing a paid night demo. I can promise you won't be doing night demos until you have multiple night jumps under your belt.
"It's all about the BOOBIES!"

Lummy,
I believe that the ground crew does get paid $10...........
You need night jumps for your D. You need a pro rating for most demos but D will suffice for some. I did check with the DZ and B license requirments must be met but not neccesary to have the actual lic.
PeaceB|
SEBAZZ.......

See clay?!?!? :)
Cool....... Thanks for the info Seb. How serious are they about the 6:30 for newbies? Me, chronic procrastinator? Nah... just give me a minute here to come up with a good excuse.....
I'll give em a holler to find out
Conjunction Junction, what's your function?

I'm planning on being there. B| I should hit jump 100 :D :$ that weekend too, it just so happens that I'll probably hit jump 100 on my birthday too, April 28th. :P I'll be 20, damn, since I'm not going to be a teenager anymore now what's my excuse going to be? Hmmm....
Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.

Don't forget to manifest by this wednesday the 22nd. 1-800-Fun-Jump. I will be there myself! PM me if you need info on local hotels/accomodations/places to camp, who to talk to at the DZ, misc. questions. There will be several beers opened afterwards and bbq'n.........
Promise:)SEBAZZ.......

What the hell do you mean that I have to manifest by this Wednesday????
I can't even decide to manifest at the 20 min call. How am I supposed to get my shit together by Wednesday.
Hey Seb, what is the deal with ground crew?? I might get up there early and jump, but what am I going to have to do?? I have night jumps, I am waivered at Hollister, I have jumpped there at the sunset load (and other times).......
:::OK, Canopy is Open, No Traffic Around, .. Why are these "Extra" Lines Draping Down??, Damn!