dbattman

How do you want to go?

How would i like to go... I work in hospice, i watch it every day. I want to know what is wrong with me I dont' want it to be unnannounced. I want to be comfortable. I want to know that everything i have wanted to do has been done to the best of my ability. I have a DNR and an advanced directive for no artificial prolonging of life.
I have this little belief that the way you go is the way you lived your life. that's about all I have to say... =c)
Stacy
http://users.snip.net/~stacy

The DZ where I jump has only had 1 fatality about 15 years ago, which involved an elderly man dying from a heart attack in freefall. His sentinel(?) fired his main, so he landed without any serious injuries or other nasty stuff...he heart just wasn't working (and when he landed he was already to long gone for reanimation to work..although they tried...)
Seems like a peacefull way to go...and not as traumatizing for family as a no-pull/malfunction situation (although in effect, loosing someone is always bad...but the way in which it happens does make a lot of difference..)
"We put the FUN in dysFUNctional"
http://www.3dluvr.com/mccordia/

Being a Catholic and a person who witnessed a close loved one pass away just two weeks ago, I would say I would want to die immediately after a priest hearing my confession. I want to be as prepared as possible to meet my maker.
If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.
Chris

hey I dpont mean to sound like an asshole but if you go to a preist you may want to ask for a criminal background check first! not all p[riests are child molesters but it seemd thats the hobby for many now-a-days

I know you did not mean to sound like an asshole, but you did.
There are many really good priests who are really suffering because of the shit their comrades have done. Have some mercy.
Chris

I know that most priest arent involved with that but still, that fact that for those that are guilty there are still some others who turned a deaf ear/blind eye to it. which is at least as bad as the act it self. I do not denounce religion for it, just those individual priests they should receive no mercy from myself or the jury. they did not show mercy to those confused children. but I do feel really bad for the wrap that the GOOD priests(and religion in general) are getting because of the few perv's in wolfs clothing!
Life's a bitch, and I'm her Pimp!
JT

http://community.webshots.com/user/jtval100

I agree with you. Just don't forget that perv's come in all forms. They are not just priests. I know someone who was repeatedly raped by her own father.
I guess what pissed me off by your answer was that I was asked "how I wanted to go". Naturally, I would turn to my faith. I just went through a death in my family and I know how important it is to a Catholic to receive the sacraments at the end. Maybe instead of calling you an asshole, I should have just said it was an inappropriate response at this time.
Blue skies buddy.
BTW, a TRUE Catholic will never condone molestation of any kind...nor the covering up of it. A TRUE Catholic should have complete contrition for their actions and step up to the plate and accept the consequences.
Chris

OMG, jtval, I just looked at your profile. You're a fellow Long Islander! Now I understand the sick ass humor. I was born and raised in Northport! Now I am a New Englander.
Chris

Not to go on a rant, but...I want to say skydiving or combat, but I would not want to put my skydiving buddies throught the trauma (the DZ is my happy place)...so I guess I will opt for combat or in my sleep....better yet...while sleeping through combat....no wait! Well, I think I just wasted 30 seconds of life typing this up that I will never get back...I'm going to hug the flag pole outside and tell it I love her! :)Honestly, it doesn't matter to me. Death is a part of life and I accept it. I only hope those close to me will be able to accept it without mourning...instead throw a party in my name. Well...I'm done ranting...I'm now going to click the "send" button and continue enjoying my life. Now...Get off the computer and give someone a hug and tell them you love them.
**I'm a Pschydiver!
Majdi

A TRUE Catholic should have complete contrition for their actions and step up to the plate and accept the consequences.

While not a Catholic I truly believe if more people in the world (regardless of faith) would follow that same creed the world we live in would be in better shape than it's in currently.
Right on Muenkel!
"This is the 4th time I've been late for work this week!!...and it's only Tuesday!" ...Cheech and Chong

My friend and I determined that the most embarrasing way to die would be to fall off a pyramid. In Mexico, they used to let you climb the mayan ruins and at the top there is nothing to prevent someone from falling if they should be accidentally bumped or something. I think thta would be pretty stupid.
blue skies
Tomas
"Marge, it takes 2 people to lie. One to lie and one to listen."
-Homer

OMG, jtval, I just looked at your profile. You're a fellow Long Islander! Now I understand the sick ass humor. I was born and raised in Northport! Now I am a New Englander.

hey I didn't mean to piss in your corn flakes. I especially with your recent loss, Ino disrespct was meant towards you(or anyone). it was just that N.Y. sarcasm bleeding through, I'm glad you understand!....I grew up in brentwood, Now I'm in Korea:(:S!!! haven't lived on L.I. in about 6 years, but I will finally jump where I grew up in August!
My usual answer to this question is "Die? I plan on living forever. So far, so my plan is working!"
congrats to those who beat the big "C" I didnt know there were that many of you on the board! Marc, as you know I'm glad to see you are getting high again!
stay well brother!
Life's a bitch, and I'm her Pimp!
JT

http://community.webshots.com/user/jtval100