WFFC

727 @ WFFC - Confirmed

Snowflake:

Don't know what it looks like in Austin but in New Braunfels it finally let up again and the sky is clearing. I doubt San Marcos is running though. Maybe I'll pick up the phone...........

B|

Dammnit Dammit Dammit.......Any I leave on the 8th!!!!

Arg! Damn College Finals..........

Try this one - it's worked for me
Tell the prof that your company is shipping you out of town and you won't be back till xyz day. Can you take the final early/late because the company won't take 'I'm not going' for an answer.

Michael
-----
~~~Michael

So how does this work---are the slots getting raffled or what? Seems to me that if the jet is there one day, there won't be enough slots for all the apparent interest....

I'm not sure of the entire process - I've personally never jumped the jet. The first load, I've been told, will be 8:00 A.M. on Friday morning. From what I recall from 99 when I tried to get on the 727 (left Friday and didn't jump due to weather) is go to Manifest when jet loads are being scheduled - I think this started a couple days before Friday. Get assigned to a load and you're on it.
Anyone out there who is an 'experienced' 727 jumper that can explain the process better than this?

Bluez~~~

Michael
Webmaster

[email protected]
-----
~~~Michael

Figure on 50k and then think of the ferry fee, the crew cost, the fuel, the hoops that have to be jumped through for this plane the insurance cost... I bet its more of a break even then anything.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Try this one - it's worked for me
Tell the prof that your company is shipping you out of town and you won't be back till xyz day. Can you take the final early/late because the company won't take 'I'm not going' for an answer.

Hahhaa.....I'm already getting two extra days....

The final was on the 7th, so I e-mailed the prof. and told him that I wanted to go to the WFFC but I couldn't because of his final...

He told me he'd move it to the 9th because I was "honest" to my reason for not being there...

So I fly out of Rantoul (Indianaoplis actually) Thursday Night so I can take my final Friday morning.....

Sure hope the hangover's gone by there......yea right!

I should probably write him back and tell him I can't make it then because of the 727, but my non-refundable plane tickets have already been purchased!!!

>but my non-refundable plane tickets have already been purchased!!!

So? You just can't get your money back but you might be able to reschedule the flight. I've done this many times at work... some times its free... other times it cost work $100 more. Small price to pay to jump the 727 and get another few jumps in....
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

other times it cost work $100 more

Hell, I only paid $145 for the round trip ticket's any ways.......

Just found out it would cost $135 to change them...

I would but I'm gonna max out the CC just jumping the 7 day's I gonna be there anyways....

don't be fooled. the WFFC convention is just a money laundering operation designed to cover the organizers' illicit trade in puppy-stacking videos produced in Singapore.

At least I know my monies are going to a good cause..... you had me worried for a second there.....

As soon as I can connect to my own server (it's full... getting too popular I guess), I'll upload a video. I was just playing with some video editing software that came with my brand spanking new 128 meg video card. I cut a jet jump scene out of another video on my server (/from tv/cnbc-nat_geog_part2.mpg). It's Tom Sanders' first jet jump. There'll be 2 versions, high and low quality, 3 megs and 23 megs. /from tv/jetjump_tom_sanders.wmv and jetjump_tom_sanders_large.wmv. Also check out /exits/727.avi (1.5 megs).

Dave