AggieDave

How did Skyfest go?

Alright everyone who was there, I couldn't go due to an Aggie Corps buddy getting married on Saturday, although I really wanted to make that boogie. So tell me some stories, tell me about some jumps, about the DZ.commers you met and the fun had by all.

Anyone go into Sherman while you were there? :D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

:)Lots of fun. No balloons. I got my SCS (already been poured on for my SCR) and did a raft jump and a bunch of freefly coach jumps with Dusty. Also meet a lot of great skydivers!

The freefliers broke the state record with 9. B|The ladies did not make it on Sunday though, I think they built 26 but with some out.:S

Skyvan was awesome. Only saw one cutaway all weekend but don't know for sure. They had over 200 registered.

Bought my first closing pin necklace finally and lost it already[:/]

Had lots of fun and hope I get to see some of my new friends again soon.:)
Christina

Oh yeah, did my first tracking dive and landed off for the first time. And yes, I know how much beer I owe... see weekend numbers.

What am I? Chopped liver? j/k ;) Hope you had fun playing around! I did! :)
Had a blast as well. Definitely plan on going back next year. The only blemish was that I got up on Sunday at 4am to do the balloon jumps, and nobody showed until around 7, only to let us know that the balloon people bailed out because of the uppers.

Other than that, did lots of fun SkyVan jumps and just sorta hung out. Did manage to be on the women's state record load and enjoyed the male-female ratio. ;) It was pretty cool to look out the tailgate as they were putting the formation together.

And I aspecially want to thank Jay, the boogie organizer, for lending me a spare rig when my reserve repack card turned up missing and I needed to get a reserve repack. :)
BTW. Did anyone ever see Trey at all on Sunday? I had to bail around noon and I still hadn't seen him. That musta been a wicked hangover he had. :S

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

BTW. Did anyone ever see Trey at all on Sunday?

Ouch! I may be a slacker but try not to let EVERYONE know! ;)

I actually didn't get up all that late (for me at least). I was up and around by 9:30 or 10 at the latest. I didn't miss much of the freefly load organizing and managed to be part of the head down record jump that afternoon! SWEET! :)
I don't know why I didn't see you around Sunday morning...I was actually wondering where you'd been.

To answer Dave's question about Skyfest I thought it went really well. Fun jumps, great people and a cool plane! My only complaint would have to be the heat!!! It was SERIOUSLY hot.

Blues
-Trey

Right on, I'm glad to see everyone had fun, I wish I could have been there! Well, you know, there are some rumors starting that Skyfest is going to be a mobile boogie next year and the years to come, hitting different DZs each year. Also, I've heard some scuttlebutt that it might come to the home of the '98 Big XII champs next year, mind you, that's all rumor, but I hope its true. B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Skyfest was amazing! I had a really great time and some great skydives. I also got to meet some really wonderful people. I jumped nothing but the Skyvan except for my very last jump which was out of the famous School-Bus Otter.

All in all, not too shabby a weekend.

I miss the Skyvan already.:(

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Hey lew. I asked freaksis who all was around and she mentioned you. Sorry I never got a chance to say hello.

If you noticed a guy walking around in a YinYang freefly suit (who almost swooped into the cars on Sunday - DOH!) that was me. :)

- Z

I didn't miss much of the freefly load organizing and managed to be part of the head down record jump that afternoon!

Hey man, congrats! Guess we'll be seeing your name in Parachutist/Skydiving. BEER! ;)

Thanks again for the head down drill jump. That did wonders for my confidence.

I may be heading out to the DZ this weekend, I'll drop you a note later.

- Z

Hey Christina,
Yep, that was me. That was a fun jump and it was fun hooking it into the field where you were. I like to scare myself with a little tree-rush every once in a while. No signs of poison ivy-woohooo!

Zennie, sorry i missed ya man.
Just look for a really tall chic in a bright green floral Dakine freefly suit, and say hi!

Freaksis, great seeing you and chatting, hope you're recovering from all the hard work.

peace
http://www.exitshot.com