Enrique

Skydiver D rate

Actually, honey chile, there are more women then men on this planet, and majority rules, therefore, the, er, "chics" are sane and the guys are nuts.

Hey! :( I resemble that remark! :D

How come Fallingfast doesn't have a profile?

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Hey Fallingfast dude, if you consider yourself to be in a meaningful relationship in the scenario you described....good for you....but you may discover that in life not everybody agrees with you. Yeah, I mean who would want to live with love..........

good thread.. I think that it is sad, but there are a lot of women who try to change their guys to what they want them to be or perhaps "train" them. If a woman hates something her guy is doing, better hopes she doesn't start using sex as a weapon. Perhaps that is what happened to poor Pat--whoever the sad soul is. :) I am not saying this is true for all women, but there are quite a few who want things done their way. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

If a woman hates something her guy is doing, better hopes she doesn't start using sex as a weapon.

This is the weapon that all women can and will use on their guys... Make no mistake males of the world... It can and will happen to you.:o

...there are a lot of women who try to change their guys to what they want them to be or perhaps "train" them... I am not saying this is true for all women, ...

You are not saying this true for all women...prob'ly 'cause you got one watching you now... Yes, Yes, ALL Women! They ALL have the instinct to change a man... Just as ALL men have the instinct to... ah...Uhmm... nevermind, mine is watching me now :P

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

If a woman hates something her guy is doing, better hopes she doesn't start using sex as a weapon.

This is the weapon that all women can and will use on their guys... Make no mistake males of the world... It can and will happen to you.:o

Any woman who uses sex as a weapon is just asking her guy to get his sex elsewhere. Make no mistake ladies, if you use sex against him, he'll find someone else to get it from.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

In a way it is a self-fulfilling prophesy. She uses sex as a weapon because she is afraid he is cheating when he spends time elsewhere (dz). In turn, the guy gets fed up with this sex weapon and finds sex elsewhere (dz??)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

but I have this jumpsuit....

Oooohhh....Even better!!! B|

Yeah Yeah Yeah... Much better. Now put the rig on too baby, yeah you look great,... try this helmet on... oooh that's it. This is waaaaay better than the latex suit... let's switch that whip for an Alti and presto!;)

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

I am not, nor have i ever been married. I had a girlfriend when i started skydiving.( we both did tandems on the same day) I was hooked and she had absolutely no desire to ever do it again. Over time she grew to hate the dz because i spent so much time there that i could (read that SHOULD) be spending with her. After about a year and a half i took the advice of my ever wise DZO and i cut away! Ditto on whoever quoted "Heat" never keep anything in your life that you can't walk away from in 30 seconds or less. I still live by that.
B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Skydekker , I don't expect to push my life on any one , but it works for me . For a long time I thought I was not happy with my life because I was not married and did not have kids . I was not happy because the woman I was going to marry was telling me I had to give up everything I enjoyed doing to be with her . She had me by the balls big time and I was not liking it at all . I loved her but knew it only would get worse as I saw how beaten down my soon to be brothers in law's were . I told her she needed to meet me in the middle on what I enjoyed doing . She said it was her way or the highway so I dumped her . She hated skydiving , skydivers , base jumping , all my friends and everything I enjoyed . I have watched many friends go down the road I was started down .They are shells of the men they used to be .They live in misery and with misery . They have no enjoyment in life at all and exist only to pay the bills . A few friends have talked to their wives about making changes but were cut down . If they divorce they will lose everything they have worked for . I am very happy with my girlfriend that I live with now . She has no problem with me leaving for as long as I feel like leaving for . We do not control each other in any way . She is a skydiver and base jumper too and she feels the same way about controlling relationships . I hope it works out great for you Skydekker and that you have a great marriage and that the skydiving issue doesn't get worse for you .

Fasterfaller,

I might be wrong, but I get the sense that you are generalizing one person (your ex-fiancee ... and congrats on dodging thatbullet) to the whole category of whuffos. It seems to me that that woman would have tried to skin you regardless of what your primary hobby was ... skydiving, snorkeling, or gardening. Honestly, do you think the only reason you would have been unhappy in that marriage is because you skydive?

Of course it makes sense that dating and marrying other skydivers means that you will never be hassled about how much time and money you spend at the DZ, but this doesn't mean that a relationship with another skydiver will be problem-free, nor does it mean that no whuffo exists who will support your passion.

Steve
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

I think that the bottom line is, whether you skydive or not, that you cannot make your 'signifcant other' feel second best.
I know this is a generalization, and not true of every situation, but this is what I have seen:
Most skydivers I have met have an attitude of, 'if it came down to skydiving or my wife, I would tell my wife 'see ya.' While I truly believe that even if your 'other' is the biggest whuffo in the world, if they deeply love you, they will want you to be happy - even if they don't understand the sport that makes you happy. I KNOW that this is the situation in my marriage.
On the other hand, a lot of skydivers DEMAND that their 'other' accept the sport, instead of asking them to understand it. Skydivers also tend to be very passionate about their sport, and tend to make the 'other' feel less important, and worse, LESS LOVED than the sport.
Most folks will bust their butts to get educated/trained to excel in their careers, train hard for an event, spend all their time and money at the dz to go to nationals - but then be the laziest person in the world in regards to 'working' on their marriage. You have to WORK to maintain a marriage.
Another .02 cents worth, maybe just .01.

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

Steve -
I agree with you and that is the whole reason to date before committing to a long term relationship like marriage. It takes more than love to make a marriage and during the dating process we learn whether or not we are compatible.
After one decides to take the step, then it takes a whole lot of committment on the part of both parties to make it work. When the other person becomes as dear to you as you are to yourself, then wanting to see the other satisfied and happy becomes a source of happiness on your part.
I for one have been up and down for the last thirty years of marriage, but I'll stay in it because the downs make the ups so much better.

I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.