hawkbit

Beer Time!!!

Thanks and beers to ya all...
I did level 6 & 7 today... what an experience. I was feeling pretty anxious about the jumps, but I really wanted to do them too!
So... Level 6: Out the plane and into a nice arch, relax. Time for a backloop! i was reeeeeaaaaallllly nervous about this part of the dive. Soooo I bring my hands down and my legs up... it was a pretty half assed attempt in my opinion and I really didn't think I was going to flip... I was planning on just going back to neutral and giving it a good heave ho again.... but NOOOOOO... I went over (much to my suprise :o <--- I looked alot like that)... 1 flip, holy shit!, and then right into another and managed to get stable after that (kinda ugly though, cause I started to fight the air)... finally relaxed and started the up and down with the JM (Ron)... I'm not the greatest Yo Yo yet... finished up with that and started my track... zooooooommm... flared out and started backsliding, Ron went zooming by at that point... it was kinda funny :P. He wasn't really expecting me to throw on the brakes and then REVERSE... Salvaged the landing by running it out (damn high flares!).
Level 7 ... holy moley, another new exit. Time to try the diving exit. The weather was starting to go to shit, and we only got to 9000', Ron says we may have to kinda add lib this jump... out I go... it seems that I didn't get my right arm high enough to the relative wind... so about 2 seconds out the door I start to do some really nice big loop de loops (not back flip style). 1, 2 ... ok... I'm getting pissed off now... stable at 7000' ... Gotta hurry now! Left 360, stop, backloop (1 very excellent 1 B|), right turn. time to chill now 5000', wave and pull at 4000' ... ran that landing out too. Ron said he was pretty suprised I opted to do a backloop after the "interesting" acrobatics out the door. I told him I wanted to show him I wasn't afraid of it. I was actually quite shocked at how well that flip came off... just wham and stop... very concise.
So now I have a case of Beck beer chilling for Ron tomorrow... the damn weather ran everyone off by the time I headed back to the DZ with the beer [unsure]. There's always tomorrow though!!!
Patrick
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing"

Rawk on, Patrick! Yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooo!

And the next jump? You'll swear someone screwed with your alti....just smile and enjoy it! On to your "A"!

Good job!

Ciels and Pinks-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Doesn't this just rock?! Woohoo! You go! I'm at about the same stage and I can hear your excitement and almost taste the adrenaline in your post. I can't imagine it getting better than this, but it just keeps improving. Congratulations! :)

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

I joined hawkbit today in graduating my AFF as well and yes I did make a beer run for the JMs. :o

I was also going to do my first true solo after my Level VII jump, but Mother Nature decided that two jumps in one day was enough as she blew in some windy cloudy weather which shut down the DZ. I guess my first fun jump will have to wait. [:/]

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I was doing a major rain dance to keep Canuck from getting his fun jump before I get to do mine :).
Big Congrats to my fellow former AFF'r :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing"