Staso

what to do on "rainy day" at dz ...

some people told me i forgot bangee cord ! :)

Bangee cord? Is that strings on a Banjo?:P

hey, it was two weekends ago and i don't think you guys jumped at boston-providence
that weekend either, so you should've come jump with us from that bridge !

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

so you should've come jump with us from that bridge !

I ended up working that weekend due to the rain. I'll make it up to Orange eventually. Are you going to the Casa and Helicopter at Pepperell the end of August? I am going to try to make it.

That looks like fun...anyone know where I can find one of those in Texas? More importantly, does anyone know of one in Texas that would actually have WATER to jump into during the summer? :S

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

Ummm Aussie skydivers are notorious for doing some pretty stupid things and we literally solved the question of whether drunk skydivers are worse than bored skydivers....:D
Y'anyways, my 2 favourites of our antics are:
1) firing up the Bell jetranger and jumping from it 50 ft into a dam of unknown depth and content, oh we soon found out it had VERY VERY big bad-tempered eels in it! We still occasionally use the dam for inescapable pond swoops ( versus say, the pond specifically built to give us outs...:D) For those who've been to Sydney skydivers, I'm referring to the first dam you see when you come in the gate...yeah that smelly dirty brown murky thing....:D:P
2) Rigging a person into a go-cart with his rig on on a 40-50 knot day. Hospital visit for "billy".....priceless....absolutely priceless.
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

You know, I almost got arrested doing that off of a bridge into the Guatalupe back in May. A group of Aggie Corps buddies and I were floating the river (drunker'n hell) and we decided to jump off of one of the bridges. It was cool, nice little rush and it happened to be in a deep spot in the river, so we were lucky there...We swam away very quickly when the cop drove up and bwooped his siren, he didn't care enough to follow through, though, so we got to continue yet another one of our drunken days in Gruene...B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

But how high is the center of that span? Looks like fun from the road deck to the water. ;)

it's about 145 ft and it was base-jumped already.

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum