freeflytim

Cutaway vid

I didn't know doing a stand was a standard method of breaking off after a RW jump.
did you get your main back? Those suckers aren't cheap!!! Also what reserve was that? Good job glad your ok

ps Hey Jess did he do ok? :D:P
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Can't remember what video it was, but I remember seeing one of a 4 way team...maybe the golden knights or airspeed... doing a bunch of training jumps. There was a short time at the end of each dive, just before breakoff, where they'd just fool around for a couple seconds. They'd freefly or really mess around like tackling each other. The guy in this video was probably just having a little fun, then probably tracked away. Mighta been planned, who knows.

Dave

when a team does thousands of jumps together, they get to know and trust one another quite well, it's all good.

I almost had the same chop a couple of weeks ago, felt the twists as soon as I hit line stretch, looked up as the canopy was opening, and went the WRONG way (duh) trying to correct... oops, then it started to dive, and I was like OK, he we go #5, but it leveled out, I kicked out of them and landed uneventfully (velocity 120 @1.85).

Can't remember what video it was, but I remember seeing one of a 4 way team...maybe the golden knights or airspeed... doing a bunch of training jumps. There was a short time at the end of each dive, just before breakoff, where they'd just fool around for a couple seconds. They'd freefly or really mess around like tackling each other.
Dave

I'm pretty sure the team whose video you saw was PD Blue...formerly known as Deland Genesis. They did outstanding 4-way skydives and would finish it off with all going head down. Don't assume all the "big boys and girls" only fly on their bellies...:P

blues,
arlo:ph34r:

Don't assume all the "big boys and girls" only fly on their bellies...

Sorry Arlo but what exactly is your definition of 'big boys or girls?' Do you mean are they over 6'1" or they weigh more than 200 pounds?;)

If you mean skydivers experience then IMHO it should have nothing to do with number of jumps or what team they'er on.

I personally respect all the effort, discipline, and training that world class teams put into each and every day but that does not make one "bigger" than the rest of us. Some of the most talented people I've personally met and got to know in skydiving (ie: Airspeed, Golden Knights, Clowns, and FlyBoyz) do not come across as "big boys or girls" in conversation or their actions nor do they feel the need to proclaim themselves as such.

They don't have to. Their performance speaks for itself.

That said; I don't care if I have 1 jump or 10,000 jumps I personally believe we are all an equal part of a very special family in this sport we so love. There should never be an us and them mentality. A couple of people on this post who're newly growing in our sport pointed out something that they weren't quite sure was right safety wise and I applaud them for pointing it out and I hope they never loose that safety concious eye. Even if we can do it cause we're cool.

Sorry to ramble with my lowly $.02

Aloha to all and be safe this weekend!!!!

Sorry Arlo but what exactly is your definition of 'big boys or girls?' Do you mean are they over 6'1" or they weigh more than 200 pounds?;)

If you mean skydivers experience then IMHO it should have nothing to do with number of jumps or what team they'er on.

I personally respect all the effort, discipline, and training that world class teams put into each and every day but that does not make one "bigger" than the rest of us. Some of the most talented people I've personally met and got to know in skydiving (ie: Airspeed, Golden Knights, Clowns, and FlyBoyz) do not come across as "big boys or girls" in conversation or their actions nor do they feel the need to proclaim themselves as such.

They don't have to. Their performance speaks for itself.

That said; I don't care if I have 1 jump or 10,000 jumps I personally believe we are all an equal part of a very special family in this sport we so love. There should never be an us and them mentality. A couple of people on this post who're newly growing in our sport pointed out something that they weren't quite sure was right safety wise and I applaud them for pointing it out and I hope they never loose that safety concious eye. Even if we can do it cause we're cool.

Whoa nelly! :o Before you take that comment to mean there is a heirarchy in the sport, I use the term "big boys" to refer to the better teams in 4-way (since the video that dude spoke of was 4-way). You read wayyyyyyyyyy too much into that...sorry I didn't make it much more specific. :$ It in NO WAY is said with condescension...trust me. People just tend to assume that folks like Craig and Shannon and Joey and Solly do nothing but 4-way. I was just trying to show that it's pretty cool that they go inverted on occasion. :) Not that it isn't equally as cool to see freeflyers kick ass on their bellies...I think that rocks as well.
So before anyone goes assuming that I just segregated the entire classes of skydiving by experience or otherwise, I'm telling you that I didn't. You may now return to your regularly scheduled program...:D

blues,

Sorry Arlo:$

Reading over my reply today it's very apparent to me that I posted it after just getting home from a long hard week of playing the role of whipping post at work>:( and it came out in my post.I was a bit amped up to say the least, sorry to come across as I did.:S

I didn't mean to imply that you hold to a hierarchy in the sport. Unfortunately I know that many others do and I guess I was lashing out at that mentality in general.

People like Craig, Shannon, Joey, and Solly have my respect for their dedication and efforts for our sport in all disciplines.

As I stated in my post I just never want to discourage newbies from thinking for themselves and not questioning something they see as potentially unsafe. As we've all seen with things such as canopy size and high performance landings there is way too much monkey see monkey do going on these days which some times turns fatal.:( I truly did not mean to focus my frustration with this problem towards you Arlo. I apologize.

Here.... ...Cheers and Blue Skies Brother.

Sorry Arlo:$

Reading over my reply today it's very apparent to me that I posted it after just getting home from a long hard week of playing the role of whipping post at work>:( and it came out in my post.I was a bit amped up to say the least, sorry to come across as I did.:S

Here.... ...Cheers and Blue Skies Brother.

Make it a Dt. Mountain Dew and I'm your friend forever. :P

No worries or apology necessary. I'm in total agreement with you regarding people maintaining a questioning attitude in this sport...it's imperative. When people in general quit asking questions, it usually means they a) think it's a dumb question and are too scared to ask, or b) think they know all the answers. B can kill you. Some of the best friends you can have in this sport are the ones that will call your ass out on stupid crap like low turns or bad tracking or unsafe things in general (rapid downsizing is one of my biggest pet peeves). It's better to piss someone off by calling them out on something than it is wishing that you had while you see their dying body in front of you...at least that's MY opinion.

Now have yourself an outstanding weekend...and don't worry about the "brother" comment. :)

aloha and blues backatcha,
arlo :ph34r:

if they only knew the Texas-accent Asian chick who is also a hot skydiver! :)howd the bikini jumps go?

hehe...it's gonna happen tomorrow. Believe it or not, there is less than a 3 dollar difference between the yes and no votes. $215.94 in YES, 213.05 in NO. Tomorrow should be interesting. You should come check it out. :)

blues,

...and thank you for the skydiver comment. :)

If I come out are you gonna make me do it?

...now THAT'S a loaded question if I've ever heard one. Would I do something like that?:)
(nah, I won't make ya...there are already 12 volunteers:)

same plane at Nats? full circle dear...full circle. If I end up busting though, I'm blaming it on SK. ;)

see ya tomorrow,