slotperfect

Skydive Miami

Come direct to skydive america PB on wednesday a few of us are gona be there and there is NO comparison between Homestead:( and skydive america pb ( www.skydiveamericapb.com :ph34r:) Trust me you wont regret the extra 70 miles that seperates the 2 its like night and day Have you ever been to paradise?

Come to Skydive Miami, much more friendlier, personal DZ IMO. We recently upgraded to a Super Caravan and theres always a few regulars hanging about, or you can jump with the staff who are extremely good at RW and freeflying.
The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over - Hunter S. Thompson

Dont talk smack just because Skydive Miami is a relatively small dropzone compared to others. Just because an other dz is bigger doesnt make it better.

It just pisses me off when people talk sh** about things they dont know.
The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over - Hunter S. Thompson

It depends on what you are looking for. If you want a people friendly good atmosphere dropzone Skydive Miami is great. It is a smaller dropzone but, uh, size doesn't doesn't always matter, right ladies?

Skydive America is a bigger dropzone but there is a few skygod tendencies there. I have not been there since Scotty and Tammi and Omri has been there maybe it has changed.

Just depends on the flavor you prefer. If you want other opinions PM me. As a good friend of mine said, "That is why there is chocalate AND vanilla ice cream!";)

I travelled from Iceland to Skydive Miami for my AFF in february last year... After that, having visited Deland and Lake wales a couple of times plus Perris and Z-Hills, I would definately visit Skydive Miami again for sport jumps. It's a very friendly DZ, not overcrowded like many, the caravan climbs FAST, nice view, excellent landing area, no walking - just hop on the bus and exchange/enjoy jump stories with everyone on the load... and the staff is GREAT!

I definately recommend Skydive Miami!
---
P.
"It Hurts to Admit When You Make Mistakes -
But When They're Big Enough, the Pain Only Lasts a Second."

Skydive America is a bigger dropzone but there is a few skygod tendencies there. I have not been there since Scotty and Tammi and Omri has been there maybe it has changed.

I have to disagree with the skygod tendencies at Skydive America. I went there the Sunday before Rantoul without knowing anybody there, and as soon as I finished filling out the waiver I was invited on a 4 way freefly jump.

There was one person there who I thought would be the ultimate skygod (preconcieved notion), so I didn't even bother trying to talk to him. On the busride to the plane he started chatting with me about my home DZ, bunch of stuff like that, and ended up giving me some freefly tips and ground coaching.

Overall it's a really cool and fun DZ, with a laid back, friendly attitude, and a fast plane. It's a long drive for me, but I'll probably be heading out every week for a day or two after my freefly suit arrives so I can get some coaching. :)

--
Hook high, flare on time

I have to agree with Pete. I went there for the second time to skydive america (the first time, it was a slow weekend) the sunday before Rantoul and i had the same preconceived notions. Turned out that I was wrong, and Skydive America is definately a good DZ to be around with. I even had the chance to jump with a few guys who had ADs.

I will definately be going more often to Pahokee, because now I know people there.

Good to hear it! I went there one time mid last year and I was still pretty new and quiet so that is probably what did it. I guess Scotti and Tami spread their love around! Oh and Omar, I have met you. It was at the Naples Boogie when they had that Westwind there that needed refuel after every load. I remember you!;)

Only slightly on topic, but I did a tandem at Skydive Miami about five years ago. I'm surprised to hear that they still exist, because their plane crashed shortly after I was there. It was my understanding that the owner was on it at the time. Did it reorganize under new management?

LOL! dont even get me started. I dont remember you, but I did meet Pete about 3 weeks ago at SDA.

As far as I know about the current DZ management, they came and bought was was left over from the previous' owners estate after he past away and started up again Skydive Miami.

Only slightly on topic, but I did a tandem at Skydive Miami about five years ago. I'm surprised to hear that they still exist, because their plane crashed shortly after I was there. It was my understanding that the owner was on it at the time. Did it reorganize under new management?

Troll? Shit happens man. I have been to that dropzone a few times and I have the utmost respect for it! Safety is of utmost importance. If you had a bad experience please explain!>:(

No, seriously, it was my first tandem. Shortly afterwards, I saw the same plane (and instructors) go in on the evening news in Miami. It freaked me out, and I didn't decide to jump again until three years later. I just expressed surprise that the operation got up and running again after that kind of blow. I certainly didn't mean any disrespect to anyone involved.

Whew! Lots of questions. First, there was a Cessna crash a few years ago. About 3,500 ft, woman with 23-jumps on strut. Plane stalls. Woman exits and survives, but the plane goes in. That was a long while back.
Skydive Miami is alive and well for a number of reasons. It is a fun place for many reasons. If you want great 4-way coaching, Fred is one of the best in the world. The dz is owned by Guy Manos. The staff is a fun group.
I was down there in '99 during the filming of Cutaway and the MTV road rules/real world challenge event. Been meaning to go back and visit.
Below is the link for the crash story:
http://www.cnn.com/US/9705/26/skydiving/

To my understanding, the DZ is owned by Fred Whitsitt and Lee Godwin not by Manos (ill find out later this weekend)

I never saw any skygod attitudes at Skydive America. I loved both dropzones.

PB is like the ultimate place to hang out at all weekend. Great food, great sleeping arrangements, great people.

Miami is fun place if you just want to show up and jump for a couple hours. It's not really a camp at the DZ type of place, but it's an extremely friendly place to jump at.

I admit that I am unsure of the ownership of SM. I thought it was Guy, even though Fred and Lee run it. It may have changed.
If Fred and Lee co-own SM, that is great. The first time I met Lee, he was on Steve Woodford's team doing 10-way speed out of the jet. I believe they took 1st place that year. Their 17 sec time blew away our 23 sec time. You can learn a lot from both these guys.