Kris

Double fatality at Skydive Dallas (2002)

Does anybody know what kind of an entaglement this was? Was it a main/main entaglement or some type of reserve entaglement?

Where they Lightnings or other crew canopies?

I am pretty sure they were both jumping stilleto's. They found Jasons camera yesterday. It showed about 10 seconds of sitflying, then they both tracked and deployed. Brad was spiraling down from above when the pair colided body to body. I was on the plane with these guys and exited just before them to video a tandem. Although I did not know them I am greatly saddened by this tragedy. My condolences to all...
Flyfree & Blue Skies

Actually I think answering some questions like this are the only way to make sure that it was not a pointless death. If they were doing CRW with no training then thats something to be learned from.. if they were doing high speed passes for video.. .thats something to learn from.. its if we can't learn anything then they died a pointless death...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Sis...I'm sure this is very difficult for you to read and hear about at this time. Please know that none of the questions asked are asked for malicous intent, but rather to gain understanding to hopefully decrease the chance of this happening again in the future.

I know as painful as it was to hear about what happened to Michele we discussed it and realized that formation load take extremely careful planning. I also have gotten very conscious of looking BEFORE I leap even If I'm not first out or spotting. It could save my life.

All that said, please bear with us and try to help us understand the WHY so we can make sure it never happens again.

Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Oh I am not mad or anything!

I was just saying that I think Freefly25's explanation was good enough. Besides, that information was never supposed to leave the dz.:| So...I don't feel as if I have the right to discuss it with ya'll, you know? I mean, in any detail. Let me put it this way: I have been asked not to discuss it in any detail and I don't know much more than you all do, anyway.

I see your point, why you want to discuss it for safety issues, etc. But it simply boils down to this: It was an accident. The information will be released when the authorities are finished with it. Anything else could be heresay, you never know!

:(Here's the real deal guys.
One person was behind and below the other under canopy. The top person made a hard 180 turn and colided with the lower jumper hips to head. The lower canopy pilot had no time to react. They wrapped at this point and both cutaway handles were still in the velcro pouch when found. This was not an attempted CRW dock, although their plan was to deploy high and play around under canopy. Both jumpers had 200-250 jumps and little to no CRW training.
OPINION on the lesson to be learned: Look before you hook.
PS:INFORMATION IS KNOWLEDGE-KNOWLEDGE IS THE KEY

ANONYMAN
WASHINGTON DC