ChileRelleno

Careful who you fall in love with...

Yeah, I know what you mean.Sometimes you never realize how special someone is until it just slaps you in the face one day.There they were,right under your nose the whole time;just an arms length away.Things like that are a great feeling and you should hold onto them. I'm very happy for you and your fiance and I wish you both the best.:)
Maybe one day I'll find something like that too.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Amy (my fiance) and I were friends for almost 5 years before we ever went out. We met during freshman orientation at college and we both had different college proirities. Then out of now where we both realize what was going on between us and next thing yuo know????? We had a lot of college friends give us the "I told you so" conversation

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

;)BOY IS THAT THE TRUTH!!! I've seen so many jumpers disappear because of this its not funny.
My wife is a NON skydiver,not a Whuffo cause she knows why after seven (7) years of marriage.When we first started dating it was "WOW,he skydives,Coool," then it got serious and it was "why don't you stop,if we marry and you die...ect..."
I told her "Look its over right here,you met,fell in love with and want to marry a skydiver....make up your mind....about a week later she came back and said "OK"...since then its been "you made your bed sleep in it" ...theres been some bad feelings and arguements from her but shes learned to live with it and accept that I"M A SKYDIVER,ITS MY PASSION,BUT SHE IS MY LOVE!

Good for you... I am glad that things are working for you and I think that that is the way it should be.
I watch too many people give up who they are for men/women. This trancends skydiving but that is a big one. I don't know if I can ever go out with a whuffo seriously again. My girlfriend now is a skydiver and she understands that I like to be at the DZ as early as I can on Friday and leave as late as I can manage on Sunday. She is cool with that even when she wants to stay in town on one day or another and there are no hard feelings when I say something like: "IF you have to leave early from the DZ then we should find separate ways there." I can't see this happening with a whuffo.
At my DZ a few have succumbed recently... Now keep in mind that I don't necessarily have all of the info on theses cases but that is what it looks like from my vantage point.
A Good friend who fell on hard times and stopped jumping last year is jumping again this year (yeah) but is going to Cuba with his GF instead of Arizona to Skills camp this winter because (direct quote from GF) " I deserve a vacation too"
Sad...Sad....
I think I am rambling here so I'll stop but the point is be yourselves skydiving or otherwise and remeber that somethings really can't be/shouldn't be compromised.

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

My dilemma was that I was dating a skydiver (I was a whuffo at the time...he got me to do my first tandem). Things didn't work out. So, now that I have started jumping I have to see him all the time out at the DZ. Makes for a very uncomfortable situation!! And now that I am jumping...he keeps trying to get back with me. Sorry, loser...you had your chance and blew it!

Welcome to the Dropzone dating life. This happens and from my experience can happen quite frequently. I am in a similar situation. My current GF is a Skydiver and so is my Ex. There is only one DZ in the area and we both jump there. I decided that we are there to jump and it doesn't have to be uncomfortable.Our DZ is pretty small I would say about 30 regular jumpers and of them it is not uncommon to find some similarity in passed love interests.
This next quote sounds kinda callous but it can be the reality due to the limited number of non-whuffo partners that are available. I am not really sure where it originated either. [size 2]
"..if you lose your skydiver girlfriend, you haven't lost a girlfriend, you've just lost your turn.." (girls insert boyfriend where appropriate)
Hang in there with your "2 out" at the DZ situation. It will get easier and more fun.
Wait till you get to do a 3-way with your current man and your ex;)
keep smilin'

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

Everything we do in life is dangerous, but people only worry about the high profile dangers. For me, if your partner wants you to stop doing something you love doing then they don't truly love you. They can hide behind being protective of you, but not at the cost of making you miserable by denying you the pleasure of doing something you feel you were born to do.

Hsa anyone else ever fallen in so in love with someone that you know will you will probably never be with....

Absolutely. I have found my 'One'
The 'One' who not only fulfils every quality I find attractive in a woman, but exceeds them. The 'One' who I could not improve upon if asked to design my perfect girl. The 'One' who I know would make me happier than I've ever been in my entire life. And if that's not enough, this 'One' is wrapped up in the most beautiful carbon based shell I could ever imagine.
The only trouble is I know she will never be mine. She will never be the part of my life that I so desperately want. I find myself comparing her to all other women that I meet, and they don't even come close, simply because they are not the 'One'. [unsure]
Love is a wonderful thing, but unrequited love is it's dark side. It's evil twin and can (arguably) destroy you emotionally more than anything else in the world. :(
Sorry to rant on, but you opened the floodgates and it just came pouring out. :S
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

Jeeeeeez.....seems like I'll have to make a trip to Sooth Afrika;). I'm OK with that though, I like travelling. You will just have to:
  1. Cherish me
  2. Love me
  3. Advertize my wisdom and warm personality
  4. Show me continuous affection
  5. Look at me with undieing love in your eyes
  6. Purrrrrr...when you wake up next to me
  7. Call me....Master?....form time to time.....please?;)
  8. Oh, nearly forgot - you will have to jump with meB|

jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

WHOA!
Even with only being on student status I've had to deal with this one already!
After a long hiatus from the dating scene, I'm getting back into it:S...and things can be REALLY WEIRD...One guy wants me to plan to get together with him but when I tell him, "I gotta be at the DZ. The SILENCE over the phone can be felt...DISPROVAL! Sorry guy(I think), we ain't gonna work out...but I'll be "your friend."
WEIRDER STILL is the DZ guys' girlfriends (whuffos?nonjumpers?)...When they were hanging out with their skydiving boyfriends, and saw me the first time, a new woman, hanging out there & getting trained&rigging up to jump... They were like "all over" there boyfreinds like 'marking them' as their's or keeping their attentions or something:D.
STORY: After my first AFP jump, my JM, the radio guy and I were sitting on the floor of the DZ discussing my descent and landing and the radio guy's girl(?) comes over to him while he's talking to me, leans between him and me and licks his ear...tells him she's gonna go get something warm on..he looks at me,embarrassed :$ then at her says ok, she looks at me then walks away. WILD! No one said anything& back to discussion!
ANYWAYS: At this point in time, friends that share passionate interests and geniunely appreciate each other AND just really enjoy being together make for the best basis for a relationship that's gonna stand the test of time and be potentially GREAT:)SORRY THIS IS SO LONG!

I am slowly starting to learn about DZ dating. Let's just say I am enjoying it! ;)
Right after my first tandem, I was talking to my JM and he knew I was hooked. He told me immediately that skydivers can really only date skydivers because whuffos just don't get it. Of course at the time I didn't believe him...but I am starting to think this is true.
The other dilemma I am having now is any whuffo that I date wants to come out to the DZ to hang out with me....but I don't want them to. I just feel like I won't be able to have as much fun with them around....feel like I would have to be on my best behavior...and what fun is that! :P

-----------------------------------------------------
When you're going to extremes...you taste adrenaline!!

Those all seem reasonable to me! :P
My man must....
1. Be my best friend
2. Share complete trust and respect with me
3. Be proud to be with me
4. Be 60% bad boy...40% good boy
5. Love me unconditionally
Now that doesn't seem so bad, does it?

I dont have a list (I burned it - the ex who fit most of the criteria is well, an ex:P. The same ex who told me that if I went in he'd piss on my grave - PRICK!)
Learnt from that experience, now I just intend living my life the way I am, and when I meet "the one", well, I'm hoping that I'll know it. Not going looking though ...
I love my life the way it is ..B|

Kerry

:D thanks Sunshine - I can drive, but I have been told, by various far-too-nervous-yes-whuffo-passengers that I drive too fast. I don't get that. If you are going somewhere, then go there. No need to dawdle right? :D We won't discuss the nr of tickets and summons notifications I have stashed in my cubbyhole ...

Kerry

I should burn my list too. It is all about living life the way you want to. I am just looking for that one who complements me completely....but at the rate I am going I will be single forever. :( But I am enjoying it for now. ;)

but I have been told, by various far-too-nervous-yes-whuffo-passengers that I drive too fast. I don't get that. If you are going somewhere, then go there. No need to dawdle right?

I hate people that dawdle!! I'm called "bonus lane" for a reason. If people are driving to slow, i tend to pass them in the bonus lane (what most people call the shoulder) ;)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!