gale

No #$@#$@ing plane.

OK, so I don't jump at the best dz in the world. I get that. But the weather here is perfect and we HAVE NO PLANE!

We were told that we would have 2 cessnas for every weekend in September becuase of the lack of planes (tough to get in the air) the rest of the summer. (Doesn't really make up for it, but whatever) But we don't own a plane. We lease them. So the dz that ownes the planes had one break and recalled one of ours. Then the dzo decided to take the other one with him to a party. So, NO PLANE!

Oh, yeah, and did I mention the weather is perfect? It won't be for long, though.

ARG. (By the way, I live on an island and the nearest one cessna dz is four hours away and they don't have coaches (which I need) there. Or I can pay $100 to get off the island and back to a DECENT dz but I can't afford it)

ARG. My skydiver self is PI$$ED OFF.

Gale
I'm drowning...so come inside
Welcome to my...dirty mind

But the weather here is perfect and we HAVE NO PLANE!

I've got the same problem:( Weather is perrrfect, and our DZ doesn't own the plane, one of the pilots does and he's flying banners today.Ughhh. I know exactly how you feel.[unsure]
I watched the jumps I have video of while I exercised and am anxiously awaiting tomorrow when the plane is back:)

"How do you keep your feet on the ground when you know you were born to fly?"

Im sorry for ya'll. It's really sucks to be grounded when the weather is great.

Don't mean to rub it in, but Im headed to the DZ now, where we have two planes.

...and Im taking my kids with me. They love the playground and the swimming pond there.

Hope ya'll find some interesting conversation.

I've got the same problem:( Weather is perrrfect, and our DZ doesn't own the plane, one of the pilots does and he's flying banners today.Ughhh. I know exactly how you feel.[unsure]

If it makes you feel better the pilot had to cutaway the banner today, and somebody stole it before anybody could get to it... Mucho money, gone

--
Hook high, flare on time

Im in Houston and we have a big ass Hurrican in the Gulf. We are definately weather out for a while no mater where it hits.

So, next weekend you'll be in the sky, and I'll be flooded and my life will be total Hell because Im in the insurance business.

That's what I get for being cocky. :(

That's funny, up here in Aggieland, we had absolutely gorgeous weather, flying planes, a fun group at the DZ and what did I do? I tripped running out a landing on the first load of the day and brused the f*** out of my knee (the good one). Didn't do any damage, just banged it hard enough to hurt and make it swell up...Oh-well, there's always tomorrow. :)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

So why didn't you go to the party? I've been there the past two years, and there is NOTHING like freefalling beside snowcovered Mt Washington and the Comox Glacier (which is really an icefield, not a glacier!). The ride up to altitude alone is worth the trip!

btw, you are one of the big stars of Tracy and Mike's wedding video!!!

I bet the boys studying seismology at TXTECH recorded that as a small tremor on their graphs. LOL Just kidding....that heatwave is pretty damn fast,isn't it! sounds like you better brush up on your sprinting skills heeheehee I take it your new rig is all assembled and thats what your jumping,bet its sweet,congratulations.
play safely and have fun!!!!!

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Oh, I know how you feel. Our DZ went without a plane for 8 or 9 months! It was sad. Very sad. Then one of our club members found a partner and bought us a 182.

Don't worry, it will turn around!
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

same boat here. our plane is leased and it broke down last night... dunno if they'll get it fixed for the end of the season or not. there's only about a month of jumping left! doh!!! need one more jump for my solo certificate!>:(
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001