BikerBabe

Skydive New Mexico Otter boogie!

I hope this is OK to post here...

Woohoo! We're bringing in an Otter the 12th and 13th of October.

In order to celebrate our new home, new airplane, and new life, Skydive New Mexico is excited to announce our First Annual (we hope) Balloon Fiesta Boogie, taking place during the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta on 12-13 October 2002. We're bringing out an Otter from Skydive Arizona and it's going to be a great time!

We'll also be doing a New Mexico State Record that weekend (our current unofficial record is 20, so we're going for 22!), as well as plenty of other fun jumps. We ma try to organize a trip up to the Balloon Fiesta one evening to see a balloon glow, as well.

We're pleased to invite you to come to sunny New Mexico and jump with us! In early October it is cool in the mornings here, but usually gets up into the mid to high 60s during the day. The air is calm and clean, and if it's good for the balloonists, it's perfect for us! If you've been looking for an excuse to come see the Balloon Fiesta, here it is...you'll even get to skydive!

An Otter is a rare thing in these parts, so don't miss this opportunity! More info coming soon on prices, where to stay, etc.

If you have questions, PM me or send and email to [email protected]. Hope to see you there!

Andi
SNM Board
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I know...I love those otters...and the one with the music kicks ass! Except the one time I got on there and the pilot was blasting..............classical. Now don't get me wrong, I love classical music, just not on the way to make a skydive!

SDAZ is like my second home, so it will be like the merging of two DZs for me...
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Oh and are dogs (leased of course) cool or a big no no

i'm sure how you aquire your dog is no concern to the dz....now you might want to make sure she is leashed....and kept stocked with a nice water bowl full of beer.......... i will see your dog drunk before i leave colorado...........

Oh, do come with the Otter! We'd love to have you! I'm working on my teammates to hop over here, too...

We actually have some room to camp on the airport...there are also three cheap hotels about 2 miles away (same exit off the highway) if tenting isn't for you...it's starting to get chilly at night by that time.

As far as I know, pets are cool, as long as they don't run on the taxiway! :S

GREAT thanks! ...now all I have to do is find out if they are going to need AFF or tandem help for the weekend so I can slut hooknswoop out while we are there :D

Oh hey almost forget, just an FYI for anyone going the elevation there is something like 5300ft. So bring the big canopy if you are from sea level, or on second thought don't.....I need some entertainment :ph34r:
Fly it like you stole it!

We may take you (him ;)) up on that offer...our TMs are overworked and they need a much-deserved break (even if only a little one).

A little update: The fee for the boogie will be $10 per person, which will go toward food and beer.

Hope y'all can make it out!

Derek had already emailed y'all about it and it looks like a no go since he has every tandem rating but strong's. :)
No biggie though, Lee is a friend of ours from Houston so we will be doing the state record thing instead......Now how do you fly on your belly again???:S:P

Kelli
Fly it like you stole it!

Hi everyone...here's a quick update about the Balloon Fiesta Boogie.

First of all, tickets to 12,500 ft will be $18. There will also be a $10 boogie fee to help with food and beer.

We'll be attempting to break the current New Mexico State record, which is 20. Yep, one Otter load should do it!

We'll probably have a barbeque/party/cookout on Saturday after jumping is done.

Also, I will be organizing caravans up to the Balloon Fiesta park on both Saturday evening and Sunday morning. On Saturday evening, they are having a balloon glow and fireworks show (at dusk, they inflate their balloons and light the burners....looks really cool). On Sunday morning early, they have a mass ascension, where about 1000 balloons lift off in two waves.

Hope to see you there, since an Otter in these parts is a rare and beautiful thing!

Woohoo, only a week and a day and the Otter will be here.

Anyway, I wanted to share that there will be lots of local media coverage of our state record attempt (22-way...don't laugh) and we even have sponsorship!

The airport has a really yummy little cafe, and we'll have plenty of food on Saturday night for grilling.

Right now, long term forecasts for Belen look VERY nice, with highs predicted in the mid to upper 70's and no clouds.

I have some really awesome news about the boogie next weekend. Not only will we have an Otter and a state record attempt...

if you come to the boogie, your name will be entered in a drawing. The pirzes include 50% off a brand new Infinity rig, 50% off a pair of Firefly freefly pants, a new ProTrack, T-shirts, and other cool stuff.

Well, you won't win the rig because I plan on winning that, but the other stuff is up for grabs!

The weather report is looking good, with clear skies and highs in the mid 70's predicted for next weekend, so if you live around here (or even if you don't), come on over and check it out!

LOL...I wish we could jump in there...the balloon fiesta goes on at a special park right in the city of Albuquerque, and they file the NOTAMs for it months in advance, so unfortunately, no. I really would be an easy demo, though, since the park is large enough to hold 800 inflated hot air balloons.

Our drop zone is far enough away that it won't matter, anyway.

As for balloon jumps, they are still very tentative, leaning towards probably not, since the pilots all stick together up there most of the time. We're working on it.