michaeljanzen

F'in popup adds

i am using netzero (i know i'm cheap)

That's your problem. They are the ones that putting pop-up ads up. That is they way they pay for the service and in return you get to use the Internet for free or for a small fee, depending on your service selection.

Look around and you'll find cheap ISPs that offer dialup for pennies a day.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Did anyone hear about how Netscape was going to release its latest eddition with an anti-popup-add option. Then decided not to! I think there was a Thread about it and there were numerous sharewarez mentioned that would help. Do a search.

Nick

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

hmmmm... download Ad-aware and run it

www.lavasoftusa.com

then download Mozilla and run it ... it has a built in privacy setting that blocks web page generated popups...

www.mozilla.org

And unfortunately, if he disables the pop-up with a third party software, his Internet connection goes bye-bye. With free Internet service, you're gonna have to live with some popups. But you can get a popup blocker, so that when they do popup, they are closed automatically. I use Pop-up killer. It is not updated anymore, but still works. And you could try and use Mozilla, if NetZero allows it. The way I remember it, is it embeds itlself in either IE or Netscape so that while a browser window is open, it displays ads.

Best thing to do is either pay for a cheap ISP, or get a pop-up killer program that closes them fuckers!

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Check out http://www.lavasoft.de/ and use the Adaware product to elminate anything installed already that could be promoting popup adds. I'm not a big fan of it... but it works quite well.

Adaware is great for killing programs that are on your computer, in addition to that I use POW! from www.analogx.com It's a little yellow icon that sits in your system tray, and when you get a popup right click, select add/delete pop up, double click it, and everytime it comes up in the future it will autoclose right away.

--
Hook high, flare on time