ScottishJohn

Bush .....

Bwaahaahaa!

What a dumpass!

Captions for that pic?:

Soldier on right: "So if you look at the target area, Mr. President, you'll see that we have totally blacked out the enemy base. <>"

Bush: "Oh, uh, yeah, now I, um, see what y'all are talking about. Good job you guys!"

Soldier on left (thought bubble): "What an ass! <>"

lol

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

The president is holding a pair of night-vision binoculars.

Pinhole lens caps are used on NV sets in the daylight.

This looks like the usual show-and-tell at the DMZ in Korea. It is my impression from this photo that GWB is being shown what the position looks like in the dark.

Leave it to the clueless to infer something negative from the lens caps.

Even with photographs, things are not always as they appear.
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

[\reply]

Ouch! That's pretty harsh... I'm not 'clueless' but I still lauged at the pic.. Read my
captions... get it?

hahaha... I knew you would.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

I know, I know I am just about to become the least popular person on DZ.com, but since I voted for the guy I might as well.

There was an Irish guy last week in Orlando who in front of a bar was making nasty fun of the dumb Americans. So in lack of better argument I pulled up ti him in my fully decked out Land Rover Discovery II and told him: It's American money that bought this fine Ford product

What can I say, I am not very sofisticated and like to use ex parte arguments.
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

[\reply]

Ouch! That's pretty harsh... I'm not 'clueless' but I still lauged at the pic.. Read my
captions... get it?

hahaha... I knew you would.

Sorry.

I get a little testy about matters military, since so many members of the media are deliberately and intentionally ignorant about them.

They've now formed a "news coalition" to mau-mau Uncle Sam for "full access to the battlefield" if and when we attack Iraq. It hasn't done anything to improve their credibility.

Poking some fun at the CINC is okay, but the ignorance torqued me a little.

What I find disturbing about the picture is GWB's jacket. That looks like a CWU-45P (Nomex cold-weather issue), and the flag is on the right sleeve, not on the left where it should be.

That is a funny pic and I always love jabs at political leaders.

However, you have to admit, Mr. President pulled off a huge victory last night and he aint looking much like an arse today.

It would have been funnier to put soot on the eyepieces, but then the officers standing next to him would have been looking for new jobs shortly afterwards...hehehe

>It's American money that bought this fine Ford product

And Arab oil that moves it!

Touche'!

I guess the really funny thing is that no matter what the circumstances of the photo, none of you have ever done this. Ummm. I have.

I also ask if any of you perfect people have made a jump without turning on your Cypres because you forgot.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

Bill I believe you just shot yourself in the foot. Where would the fine Arabs do with all the oil wihtout the American money?

Due to the energy needs of the United States (admitted, we waste energy like (our) money went out of style) it was the United States that developed the Middle East in the post WWII era.

Now since the United States are quitly looking for alternative sources of oil, the situation in the Middle East is not so rosy. Saudi Arabia has huge economic problems, massive unemployment etc.

There are currently plenty of alternative sources of oil. Venezuela, Nigeria, sadly enough Alaska and last but not least Siberia. It used to be the Evil Empire, hence our need for arab oil. Now Russia is just a troubled country and unwillingly finding out that it's national interests might not be far away from those of the US.

Without American money the Arabs will be very unhappy indeed. Without Arab oil, we probably can survive for a good period of time, till they come to ask for the money. Remember this song: Money makes the world go roung...
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

I guess the really funny thing is that no matter what the circumstances of the photo, none of you have ever done this. Ummm. I have.

I also ask if any of you perfect people have made a jump without turning on your Cypres because you forgot.

Done what? Patrolled the Z?

Noooooooo. I spent my time with the rest of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. We don't really have to go hang out over there. I was talking about lens caps on binos, a scope or a camera. I have done all three.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

Noooooooo. I spent my time with the rest of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. We don't really have to go hang out over there. I was talking about lens caps on binos, a scope or a camera. I have done all three.

I had a high-school bud who was with H&S 2/4 81's Plt (WestPac '78) come visit me in Yongsan on New Year's Eve. That was kewl.

It is funny, but in my opinion it is an altered photo. If you look closely at his left hand you can see the semi-circular mark where the lens cap should be and also if you look at the soldier to his left, you can see signs around the lens cap that indicate pasting.

I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

It is funny, but in my opinion it is an altered photo. If you look closely at his left hand you can see the semi-circular mark where the lens cap should be and also if you look at the soldier to his left, you can see signs around the lens cap that indicate pasting.

If it was photo-shopped, it was a pretty good job. The light on the lens caps looks perfect.