meatmissile

The Non-Americans.

>Oh Dear I have no idea what to say.
>Words fail me

markharju had this to say about the pic in a thread that was posted yesterday:

The president is holding a pair of night-vision binoculars.

Pinhole lens caps are used on NV sets in the daylight.

This looks like the usual show-and-tell at the DMZ in Korea. It is my impression from this photo that GWB is being shown what the position looks like in the dark.

Leave it to the clueless to infer something negative from the lens caps.

Even with photographs, things are not always as they appear.

Morning all,
Just checking in to make sure that we are all eating a safe and sensible breakfast..;)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Oh I'm just a run of teh mill weekend bagel muncher, nothing too extreme...Its all about managing the risks and understanding the hazards.
My deli now requires me to sign a waiver though..;)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

It's a Java-applet that should work on any Java-compliant browser(that's almost all modern browsers). You may have to tweak the browser-settings to allow the execution of Java-programs.

Tweaking is a scary word used by people who know something about programming. I'm not going to even ask.

I'm using Netscape 6.2.1 you'd think it had a java applet thingy.
the recomendation was 4.0 or above on the chat page.

>I'm using Netscape 6.2.1 you'd think it had a java applet thingy.

So you'd think. I don't know though, I haven't used Netscape that much. The Netscape7 on this machine opened the applet just fine(but couldn't connect to the chat server because of the firewall).

>the recomendation was 4.0 or above on the chat page.

So what does it do?

So what does it do?

Does bugger all. that's the problem. I get the screen but in the middle where the chat text shoul appear, theres a little plug icon and a get it from Netscape. But when I click on it and go to Netscapes page it says plug in not found. I think it's a joke page by some ex Netscape employee.

I am grinning from ear to ear ... hee heee..

I have had a bit of drama on 2 diff accounts, and in both cases, I came out smiling.
You see, I am on top of things, whereas others in the company aren't. The big boss is on a bit of a rampage today. ANd 2 diff people tried to drop me in the shit to cover their own backsides (one of them was my favourite asshole financial manager). Anyway, to cut a long story short, I was hauled into a board meeting, and the big boss proceeded to yell at me, at the top of her voice, in front of various senior managers and a director. I let her finish her tirade, then presented her with various communications, including my annual marketing budget. All is as it should be, of course. She looked like a twit, for throwing the temper tantrum, and the 2 morons responsible, looked like even bigger idiots!

That'll teach em! B|

>

Kerry

Hah!
That will teach them to fuck with someone who eats porridge for breakfast!:P:P:P
>>>blowing raspberries at Blues boss, and making farting noises with my armpit at the two who thought they could put one over on herRasssp, prrrummppp, prrrummppp....:P

--------------------

MM....we'll just have to think of something else for your entertainment but please leave my buns out of it!

Kerry....Go girl, way to keep your cool and make the donkeys sing

Morning All. I can relate with you Erno as my oldest is sick and I am fighting it. Cold sucks especially when you have a cold.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

>blowing raspberries at Blues boss, and making >farting noises with my armpit at the two who >thought they could put one over on her>Rasssp, prrrummppp, prrrummppp..

And now we are all sighing in relief that NacMac decided against taunting the offending coworkers with the raised kilt and sporan routine:P

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

He he he. Nice one Kerry.
I learnt many years ago that you never shit on somebody in public. If you are right they will hate you with a passion forever and never deliver to theit potential. If you are wrong you look like the biggest asshole in the world.
Very much a lose lose situation. Some people never get it though.:S

Nice one. I admire the way you responded. You kept your calm and you didn't shout back. I wish I was like that.

I had a tendency to give as good as I got with my previous boss. If she unjustly criitiqued me in some way (which happened a lot, and not just with me) then I usually responded with a subtle insult, or cited a previous incident where she did something wrong.

Fortunately I don't have to worry about her anymore because, following the grievance I filed against her, she's gone. I hope other people never have to go through one of those. It takes the energy right out of ya !
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !