mouth

Film question?

I don't know about the other photographers, but if it is sunny out I use Fuji Velvia / Provia ASA 50 / 100 Slide film. For enlargements there is nothing like slide film for no grain. Plus the color saturation of Blues especially in Fuji Film is amazing. It being slide film you only pay to develop on prints the ones that you like. Although the film will be more expensive itself. The only drawback is that you need a light box and a lupe to see the pictures properly, although most labs that develop it will probably have one onsite for you to use and can help you determine if a particular picture will be worth blowing up. A trained eye is good to pick out problems.

~Chachi

Option 1: use the 35 mm camera I already own and simply purchase film

Use the rest of my funds to jump

Option 2: use my jump funds to purchase a new digital camera, photoshop and all that stuff

What would you do???

Apply for that Best Buy card, do the no interest with payments for 1 year, and buy the digital camera. So much more versatile! I had to do that when my 35mm broke! Love it! Want to buy it so I can skydive more?;)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

A pixel will never be as small as a molecule

ive heard that qoute since the advent of digital (mostly from peeps trying to defend wet photography) and while true a pixel can and will be much smaller than the eye can see and therefore equal to film with the proper equipment. (expensive at the moment, unfortunatly)

It is a bit of a long argument but I don't believe there is are many proffesionals out there making money for magazines, books, portraits, poster, stc., etc., not using film. Maybe one day the quality will be comparable for enlargements but that is a long way off from being in the hands of all but the richest.

~Chachi

Depends on what you're looking for in a picture. Looking for darker colors, and more blue overtones, use Fuji 100 and step it down to about 80 or so with a shuter speed of your choice. Brighter colors, look to Kodak 100 for bright and cheery photos.

Just my 2 cents.
http://www.curtisglennphotography.com

You're right about buying the digital camera and the pluses of shareware.

Lisa's original question was what kind of film to buy to give to generous camera flyers to load into THEIR film cameras.

Soon as the demand is there, I'll go digital on my camera helmet. We've talked about this in the photography forum. There's just not enough market saturation yet for camera fliers to mount up digital cameras.

I really envy Quade's D60 though B|.

i wish I could get my digiatl on my helmet. that thing is pretty good. but I will bring it to ELOY!

Heck, we can mount it on your helmet, and I'll fly in your burble, you point your left finger, and I'll press your shutter release!