misskriss

Daughters

I have 3 girls......well..my middle child, Danna wants everyone to start calling her by her middle name, Jordan. Seems everyone mispronounces her name at school....or misspells it...calling her Dana..etc..She is only 10 but is very insistent.. So...anyway..... is this something I should consider? MOM's...Dad's ?

I have a friend who's entire family calls each other by their middle names. My sister also goes by her second name. Don't know about a 10 year old though. But if it makes her happy ....
-----------------------------------
It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone

hmmm, well considering the fact that I didn't know Danna and Dana were pronounced differently I can understand why.

I know of 3 people who went by middle names:
first name Bart, went by Rich
first name Hans, went by Pete
first name Robert, goes by Brian

The first two reverted to their first names after high school. The other still goes by his middle name. I'm not a parent but don't see the big deal.

I knew some folks who had unusual names and liked them because it let them correct people right away.

My wife's name can be a pain, Corinne, because she pronounces it KOH-reen ( I do too, she makes me:ph34r:)

My girl's have two-syllable easy names just for that reason, Camille and Yvette.

You might have her make the change at the beginning of the next school year. 6th grade? All the kids come back from summer break and Danna has a new name. Or maybe she can have Jordan for Christmas!

which one is the princess??? i couldn't tell....:)
well i'm no parent...not by a long shot......but i'd say go with it.... my given name is david... if ya ever meet me i'll tell ya it's dave... sorta not the same but stiil is....... cuz i count dave and david as two difrent names....... i have a friend that i call brian..but his real first name is james........ and think to the movie that adam sandler did "mr.deeds" he was just called deedscuz he hated his first name....can't remeber what it was but it was something very old fasioned..........

no as for me i'd love to have an unusual neam and danna is one in my opinion......when she gets older it might just be cool to go back to the old name...who knows....good luck......

My daughter has the same beaded curtain in her room. Anyway, my daughter had always gone by Tori short for Victoria until 2 years ago she decided she didn't want to be called Tori anymore and wanted only be called Victoria.

As long as it is her name and she doesn't want to legally change it to something completely different, I see no problem with it.

http://www.perriscam.com/Images3/dse22209.JPG

R

Smart decision on your part. I teach lots of children who go by one name at school and another at home just because the parents won't even consider a change...makes it tough on the kids.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.