mark

Sunpath Cutaway Cable SB

I am surprised that the RSL side is supposed to be longer only for a skyhook equipped rig. Why wouldn't you want that for a standard RSL?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I am surprised that the RSL side is supposed to be longer only for a skyhook equipped rig. Why wouldn't you want that for a standard RSL?

I thought so too. This weekend I looked at my own rig (a recently new Wings) and found that when measured in the instructions by Sunpath, they were the same length (about 5 inches). So I called my rigger over and asked her about it (mentioning this thread and issue) and she reached down and pulled another inch of cable out of my left side/RSL side.

Only thing I can think of is that there is a lot of room for slack in the cable tube on the RSL/left side as it travels over up and over the top of my rig and than then down and back up to the cutaway point. So if you pull the handle, the right side (which is a short straight shot) will cutaway as soon as you've moved your handle 5 inches, but on the left side the first inch or so of pull only takes up the slack, and so a total of 6 inches of pull is needed to cut the left side away. If this is so, then the cutaway sequence will be right side before left. (Note that with Skyhooks the RSL is on the right side, so it gets the shorter straight-shot cable, so the cable length difference would be needed).

Anyway, just some speculation based on my own rig.

I didn't see any obvious revision markings on my first skim through it, so has anyone gone through it in detail to see what the revision is?

I hate companies who don't clearly mark what has changed in a revision. Very poor human factors design.

It isn't even clarified in the title of the page -- one has to check the footers.

I didn't have any problem with the Service Bulletin SBSP008 as written:

1. If the rig is within the dates, measure as shown on
page 3.
2. If the cables are too long, according to the chart on Paragraph 9, trim them.
3. If they are too short, get new one(s) for free by following the procedure. Procedure is straightforward.
4. When everything is correct, make an entry on the data card.

What is the problem? I just did one and it was within the .25 inch specs. Recorded it and moved on.

(I don't know what a "revision marking" is)

"revision marking" is an indication of what's changed from one revision of a manual to the next. We get lots of those on multi-hundred page computer manuals. In those cases, they're very helpful.
You don't have to outrun the bear.