rhino

Genesis, before and after the Big Flood..

i knew I didnt spell it (psuedio) correctly. now you get the joke? haha

now that i hijakced the thread...care to explain why its interesting? everytime i try to read the bibble my hands start burning and my headaches...
My photos

My Videos

I am reading what is called the Living Bible..

It is like the bible in plain english.. I have never read it so I am going from the front to the back.. Extremely interesting..

Rainbows... God's covenant "promise" to us not to wipe us off the earth with "water" again..

We are all decendants of Noah. Before the flood it was normal for people to live 900 years. After God said we couldn't live more than 120 years.

Eve ate the apple first.. The surpent "snake" told her she wouldn't get us in trouble. She did it anyways and brought it to Adam for a taste. Adam took a bite.. So woman have been getting us in hot water since the beginning of human life.. lol

Just some nuggets......

Rhino

I have been reading Genesis...

this is interesting reading. but if you want to read (in my opinion) one of the most profound, and provacative books, go to revelations. i've read the book of revelations at least 7 times, and it trips me out every time, it's like reading it for the first time, every time. the 7 seals is most intriguing. and bear in mind, this phrophet is seeing a virtual slide show from god, and writing down his recounts of the "vision"

i wonder how the book would read, if let's say O. Henry wrote it? yeah, i know, he couldn't have...he wasn't born yet, but it would have been kewel to see how he would've translated it.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Genisis, and Revelations. 2 of my Favs. It's like cutting to the best parts in a movie. Revelations is some scary shiat btw. I like the Genisis part, where it says that god gave the people and the animals the fruit on the trees to eat. When ever some one tells me that it says in genisis that god gave us the animals to eat, and do what we want with, I always referrer them to that.
Genesis 1:28, God says: "Have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth." Immediately after, in Genesis 1:29, God states: "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food."

no of course not, only in response to those who say that in the bible we're given the go-ahead.

Ah... but we are - you have to take the Bible as a whole, not parts that pertain to what you're trying to say. Later on in Genesis:

Genesis 9:1-3 says: "Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall upon all of the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, now I give you everything."

:)
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Isaac Asimov wrote a pretty interesting book on Genesis and how it weaves together the creation myths of several previous religions. It explains why a lot of stuff seems contradictory in the orginal text. It's worth checking out.

I'm a fan of Asimov's foundation/robot series. What's the name of this book?

~Chivo

Isaac Asimov wrote a pretty interesting book on Genesis and how it weaves together the creation myths of several previous religions. It explains why a lot of stuff seems contradictory in the orginal text. It's worth checking out.

I'm a fan of Asimov's foundation/robot series. What's the name of this book?

I think it was called In The Beginning. He also wrote an etymology called Words in Genesis, and two Guides to the Bible (Old and New Testaments).