wlie

I got my knives!

Technically, a switchblade has the release mechanism on the handle. The way Kershaw got around it is by putting the release on the blade. Spring asist or not, those folding knives open up just as fast. Cool is a different story.

One of the nice things about living so close to Portland is that switchblades are legal there.;)

My other ride is the relative wind.

I can't wait to go home and start playing with them.

Uh...how do you play with knives? This definitely must be a "men are from mars, women are from venus" type thing. Never in a million years would I consider knives a good present to myself. Oh wait, I have an ex now....I think I'll go take a look at those knives again. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

What I'd really like someday is to own a fully custom knife.

Unfortunately custom knives are my second downfall (after skydiving). I have WAY more than my fair share. I'll try to post ya a picture of my favs when I get home. Got a couple of Jeff Chaffee folders thatll make youre eyes water theyre so pretty.

and put the onus of whether or not it's legal to possess them on the buyer.

In Fayettville, NC they actually made you show military ID (Not like they didn't have 50,000 + customers but..)and sign some "release" form. Of course....this is also a state that requires you to get "permits" from the Sheriff's department to buy a handgun. [:/]

My, but you're quite the little "cut up", aren't you? B|

Got to start somewhere. What I'd really like someday is to own a fully custom knife. I think it'd make a really nice hierloom.

I've got my eye on a Chris Reeve Aviator next.:ph34r:

I've got a book on knifemaking, but it strikes me as a lot more trouble than it's worth, especially when I go to gun shows and see all those old farts trying to get ridiculous prices for their homemade blades. Quality stuff, of course, but I'd have to be pretty ate-up to spend $300 or more on a tool I could get at the hardware store for less than $30.

And Gil Hibben is a ridiculous sellout! Did you see that silly thing the antagonist is brandishing in the latest Star Trek picture?! That looks like one of his "fantasy" pieces, and it's really just a tie-in to sell more junk.

True bladesmiths are a rare breed. There's only one guy that I know of in my area who is in the Guild.
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I collect Randalls and a few other select models myself. If your really interested in feeding your habit check this site out, it's like DZ.com but for knives
http://www.knifeforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Me personally, I always wanted a Spyderco Civilian, but I keep coming up with other things to spend my money on.

I have a Civilian that I use as a "carry" knife. Fortunately I got mine as a birthday present so I didnt have to spend the bucks theyre asking for em.

Also, thanks Ramon. :)
JC

I've got a Spyderco Tim Zawada special cobat folder thats the shit, and I gave my cousin a Boker switch blade that was a black out. full on illegal stateside, but I bought it in jabooty.

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky