starky4011

Vector 3 v infinity

I'm finally at a point that i can buy a custom container and hold on to it for a long time.

I hear vectors are probably the best "put together" rigs. They also include an amazing stowless d bag and have the magnetic riser covers. But a new one will also take 10 months.

Infinities have the floating laterals which I think are awesome. Will only take 4 months. Are they worth the wait? Price comes out roughly the same for me so no factor there.

I love my infinity and have just ordered a second one. There is a stowless bag option for Infinity too (ask for the Party Bag).
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

I hear vectors are probably the best "put together" rigs.

I don't disagree that UPT(Vector) makes a good product, but so does VSE (Infinity).

I'm wrapping up my 8th season jumping an Infinity, so that puts it at about 1400 jumps, and I have only had one problem with the build quality of the rig, and it wasn't even a VSE component. The attachment point where the main PC bridle (outsourced by VSE to Cazer) wore out where the rapide links go through the bridle to keep it in the bag. The bridle rubbed between the metal links and the grommet and just wore out. I remomved the links, and simply sewed the bridle to the top of the d-bag, and that solved the problem.

Otherwise, 8 seasons and 1400 trouble free jumps, and the rig still looks like new (after my yearly washing each spring). For no other reason than 'just because', I'm going to order another Infinity this winter. The old one is great, and I plan to keep jumping it as a back-up rig, but I just want a new one.

You won't regret buying an Infinity. You'll get it sooner than a Vector, and it costs way less (you can spend the savings on jumps).

My first new container was an Infinity. I still have it. The floating laterals are fantastic. I won a 50% off voucher from another manufacturer and got that container. Didn't fit nearly as well. I'd rather pay more for a comfortable rig. Sold the other and bought another Infinity as a dedicated WS rig. Kelly and crew produce a quality rig and their customer support before and after the sell is top notch. I borrowed a Vector when I needed to make a turn and didn't have my back up rig with me. The Vector was also nice, but just wasn't as comfy as mine.

If you have a chance to try on a rig that fits so you can get a comparison between the two, that is always a good idea. Both rigs are good, but as my sigline shows, I am definitely partial to Infinity.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

***... I have only had one problem with the build quality of the rig, and it wasn't even a VSE component. The attachment point where the main PC bridle (outsourced by VSE to Cazer) wore out where the rapide links go through the bridle to keep it in the bag. The bridle rubbed between the metal links and the grommet and just wore out. I removed the links, and simply sewed the bridle to the top of the d-bag, and that solved the problem. ...

A common wear point on most containers.
If you want the fancy, high-tec, light-weight, go-fast, retractable pilot-chute, gear, don't expect it to last forever.

A common wear point on most containers.
If you want the fancy, high-tec, light-weight, go-fast, retractable pilot-chute, gear, don't expect it to last forever.

Not forever, but if you sew the bridle to the bag, you can eliminate the wear point all together. I jumped a Racer for years that came from the factory like that. In fact the bridle was only half the width of a standard bridle, but it was sewn directly to the bag, and I put 2500+ jumps on it with no problems.

I did have to replace/adjust the kill line a couple times, but otherwise it went the distance. The PC mesh was starting to show some wear, but after 2500+ jumps that's to be expected.

It is harder to change the PC, but again, with PCs that last for 1000's of jumps, it's not that often anyway.

Anyone tried the black hardware? Any good or does it scratch easily?

VSE told me that the new black stainless option (they only black hardware they are doing now) is black all the way through so even if it gets scratched it will stay black.

I have it coming on my new one, but I won't know for about a month....
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

A little off topic but does the black hardware present a potential problem when used with black risers? This being the possibility that a misrouted 3 ring or other problem may be missed as there wouldn't be the contrast in color?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

Black rings would make a black riser webbing not as noticable as black webbing over silver rings. The contrast provides your eye with a more easily discernable pattern to look for misrouting.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

I'm finally at a point that i can buy a custom container and hold on to it for a long time.

I hear vectors are probably the best "put together" rigs. They also include an amazing stowless d bag and have the magnetic riser covers. But a new one will also take 10 months.

Infinities have the floating laterals which I think are awesome. Will only take 4 months. Are they worth the wait? Price comes out roughly the same for me so no factor there.

Hi

Go with the Infinity

It's miles above the vector 3.:ph34r:
One Jump Wonder

A little off topic but does the black hardware present a potential problem when used with black risers? This being the possibility that a misrouted 3 ring or other problem may be missed as there wouldn't be the contrast in color?

Looks fairly visible to me (see attachment).

~ CanuckInUSA

Good point. I personally have not seen black rings, but was trying to interpret the possible challenge. They do look good!
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

A simple way to avoid this in the future is to replace the rapid link in the bridle with a key ring and attach to the canopy with a soft link. Getting rid of the barrel of the rapide eliminates the hotspot...
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when