Phil

Skyventure - help needed

You want to sit on the Governor's staff?

First I'd have to find out if the Governor's staff is actually worth the effort of sitting on it. Sometimes it's just not worth a girl's time. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You want to sit on the Governor's staff?

First I'd have to find out if the Governor's staff is actually worth the effort of sitting on it. Sometimes it's just not worth a girl's time. ;)

Use the same method as when you fish for bass. Throw back the little ones and mount the big ones. ;)

Use the same method as when you fish for bass. Throw back the little ones and mount the big ones.

Bwahaha...I think I just found my new sig line!;)
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I just did the Florida tour - SkyVenture, Deland, ZHills, Lake Wales, Pahokee... They all have great things about them. If it goes between Deland and ZHills, it should pretty much come down to the people and the aircraft. Deland has a kickass skyvan and porter, but ZHills has 4 super otters.

Hmmmm.... hit both. B|

Did deland ever fly the skyvan when you were there?

:D

Actually, yeah. They were flying the skyvan non-stop... and the Porter. I was spoiled by the skyvan and never got on the porter, but that looked like a fun plane too. We were only able to make a few jumps at Deland before the weather turned to shit. Great DZ though. And we absolutly LOVED the bar.

...and silly me just wanted some info about Florida and skydiving and tunneltraining and what do I end up with?

...is the Governor's staff long enough for a girl to bother with?

What can I say? Looking forward to all the staff searcher out there.

About the question on how long someone has to sit on it. I guess until you get the perma-grin and reached the alt. you've been looking for?

looking for some more advise coming my way, better not tell my team mates or training will be put off until further notice>:(

how high can you fly with broken wings ...
life's a journey not a destination

Heehee, sorry to hijack your thread, Phil. What exactly do you want to know? If you're jumping during the week, the bigger dz's are the best to go to...Deland, Z-hills, Lake Wales, Sebastian. On the weekend those are even better and more is going on, but you can also throw in Titusville and Palatka into the mix. If I were you, I'd try to hit as many as possible. You can get to all of them in less than 1 1/2 hours.

:) mhm, well how long can you ride the staff?:)

No, that's not it. I guess I got enough info to get me started with the planing on where to go. A lot will depend on the weather. How stable is the weather during the month of February?

Hope it's nothing like "...if you don't like the weather - just wait a minute..."

Anyway - I guess I'll just have to get my butt over there and find out for myself.

B|

mhm, well how long can you ride the staff?

Silly man, now you're hijacking your own thread! As for the answer....let's just say that when I was a swimmer, I swam longer distances, not sprints. ;)

How stable is the weather during the month of February?

February isn't normally the rainy time, but the temperatures do vary. The highs could be at 50 or at 75, there's no tellin'.

Now there is a concept - I hijack myself - what's the ransom? I'll have to think about that one.

So you liked swimming long distances? Just like me. Running a marathon always felt great - nothing beats a long work-out....B| sport is so much fun:)

Anyway - thanks for the weather input...

Bounced off the walls and the screen floor while the tourists pointed and laughed at me. Six year old girls were doing better! And I was the only aff student there!:(

Disclaimer: I had a stretched nerve in my right shoulder. I lost mobility and control of that arm.

Bounced off the walls and the screen floor while the tourists pointed and laughed at me. Six year old girls were doing better! And I was the only aff student there!:(

Disclaimer: I had a stretched nerve in my right shoulder. I lost mobility and control of that arm.

Alright Chris. We had this discussion before. :ph34r: Most people that have stepped foot in that tunnel have busted their collective asses in some shape, fashion or form. I bipped my knee last night doing some freeflying, but that's part of it. EVERYONE will hit the wall and crash to the mesh at some point in time. It's not of matter of "if", but a matter of "when." I've seen every world champion 4-way person that I know that's been to Skyventure get unstable at some time...it's the nature of the beast...much like you WILL be on an exit that WILL funnel.
It's nothing to be embarrassed about or to have a hang up with. If you harp on it, you'll never get past it. :|
Now, with THAT being said, have some FUN in the tunnel! It's fun. It is a wonderful tool. If you don't want to work on anything in particular, then just enjoy feeling the air and being able to do so in bad weather, at night, etc. :) Man,this shit is FUN STUFF!! Kick it around a bit and just remember why you're doing this shit.:) game on!

Phil,if you have any questions regarding the tunnel, PM me and i'll get ya hooked up. If you guys have good or bad experiences regarding the tunnel i'm asking that you please share them with my management via email ([email protected] or [email protected]). it's always good for mgmt...and especially name names.

thanks!
arlo

p.s. as an aside, positive feedback is appreciated at most places you go. they're so used to getting the "you suck" comments that i think it good for us to take the 2 minutes to let 'em know how great they did. :) good karma.

Thanks Arlo, as I said, Ron and I have already booked the time during that week and if everything turns out the way

we have planned, then even Joey Jones will be there to coach us.

I don't walk out of somewhere and bitch about a problem. If I've got one, then I'll talk about it and fix it and by the time I'm leaving everything is taken care of.

Looking forward to meet some of you in hopefully warm Florida in a couple of weeks.

C u

Alright Chris. We had this discussion before. :ph34r: Most people that have stepped foot in that tunnel have busted their collective asses in some shape, fashion or form. I bipped my knee last night doing some freeflying, but that's part of it. EVERYONE will hit the wall and crash to the mesh at some point in time. It's not of matter of "if", but a matter of "when." I've seen every world champion 4-way person that I know that's been to Skyventure get unstable at some time...it's the nature of the beast...much like you WILL be on an exit that WILL funnel.
It's nothing to be embarrassed about or to have a hang up with. If you harp on it, you'll never get past it. :|
Now, with THAT being said, have some FUN in the tunnel! It's fun. It is a wonderful tool. If you don't want to work on anything in particular, then just enjoy feeling the air and being able to do so in bad weather, at night, etc. :) Man,this shit is FUN STUFF!! Kick it around a bit and just remember why you're doing this shit.:) game on!

Phil,if you have any questions regarding the tunnel, PM me and i'll get ya hooked up. If you guys have good or bad experiences regarding the tunnel i'm asking that you please share them with my management via email ([email protected] or [email protected]). it's always good for mgmt...and especially name names.

thanks!
arlo

p.s. as an aside, positive feedback is appreciated at most places you go. they're so used to getting the "you suck" comments that i think it good for us to take the 2 minutes to let 'em know how great they did. :) good karma.

You are absolutely right, I went to the tunnel the week before Xmas and I have to say, I bumpped of the walls, got my ass half way off the door while flying, but, IT'S FUN!!!, and I have to say (Arlo, read this, for the record) It was an awesome experience, I liked it a lot, I learned a lot and the instructors are great, I had the pleasure to work with Geoff, Michael and Carlos, and right now, I'm planning to come back probably the last week of January or mid Febuary for more tunnel time.
It's worth every penny, and the fun you get there is just priceless B|

Don't worry about the experience thing. I've been there with people who have over 1,000 jumps and watched them bounce around. My 4-way coach worked there. His SO's 9yo daughter flies like a champ.

I'm just jealous because I know that the next generation of skydivers are going to be awesome. Instead of taking 2,000 jumps to become experts at certain movements, people will learn them in the tunnel in hours, not years.

I spent time in the tunnel on the 3rd. Yes, I ended up slamming into the doorway and have a nice bruise to show for it. :D But, I had a blast. The people that I interacted with were great. My coach Ed had the patience of a saint to teach me and the debrief was excellent. I learned a lot in the 10 minutes and am looking forward to doing it again.

You'll have fun and enjoy every single second in the tunnel.

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Arlo, You rock.

I really meant that post to Phil in humor. I am really not concerned about going back to the tunnel at all. Shit happens. I had to swallow a little pride that day, but I do realize that if I don't learn to swallow my pride, I will never be a good skydiver.

Truly Phil, Skyventure is awesome. The staff there were great and knowledgeable. It is worth every penny. I don't remember my instructor's name (I would have to look at my certificate), but his encouragement meant alot to me.

Chris

but I do realize that if I don't learn to swallow my pride, I will never be a good skydiver.

Just wait until you start landing a paracute as a newbie after you start downsizing. That's when the pride swallowing really starts! It's really bad when you look up, and the old-timers are flat out laughing at you! :S Fortunately, I'm past those days...for the most part.

but I do realize that if I don't learn to swallow my pride, I will never be a good skydiver.

Just wait until you start landing a paracute as a newbie after you start downsizing. That's when the pride swallowing really starts! It's really bad when you look up, and the old-timers are flat out laughing at you! :S Fortunately, I'm past those days...for the most part.

I have no problem with 'Pride', I just want to HAVE FUN!!!

Just wait until you start landing a paracute as a newbie after you start downsizing. That's when the pride swallowing really starts! It's really bad when you look up, and the old-timers are flat out laughing at you

I can't wait!:)
I must be a masochist.:P

Just wait until you start landing a paracute as a newbie after you start downsizing. That's when the pride swallowing really starts! It's really bad when you look up, and the old-timers are flat out laughing at you! :S Fortunately, I'm past those days...for the most part

I find that landing out a lot of the time saves some of the smirks. That way there's no video, and I can pretend it never happened :)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)