bwilling

Can we change the world?

Too simplistic? Maybe... who knows, but I don't think so...

Do you believe that we can, thru our actions, and everyday interactions with people around us, change the world that we live in?

"Every person, all the events of your life,
are there because you have drawn them there.
What you choose to do with them is up to you."
Richard Bach - Illusions - The adventures of a reluctant Messiah.

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

I chose "maybe" after deciding you meant for the "better". I believe that the world is constantly changing, I believe that individuals can make a difference collectively but don't really see it happening...[:/] Simplistic? Simplistic for me would be a good sized rock hurling through space with earth in it's crosshairs....
J

I guess I could have been more specific... I think most of us would want to change the world for the better, but the question was, do you think we can change the world we live in, so if you're inclined to change it for the worse, I guess the question's still valid...

but I did mean better. ;)

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

The only way I think the world is going to change for the better is if people stop trying to change the world and try to change themselves for the better. I feel as though many problem are created by too many people focusing on others realities and not their own. Sorry if this sounds choppy but i'm not too used to online discussion if you know what I mean.:)

If you have enough bullets, anything is possible

Unfortunatly, this seems to be America's point of view. :S I don't think you can, you might be able to change the workings of your home country, but beyond that, no.

I knew that someone would take that literally. And those that think this is Americas point of view has his head in the oven. Ive got a lighter that you can borrow!

Might I remind you that your country has the second largest military presence in UN conflicts. Oh yes, and that fact that your country has the most territories spread over the largest area in the world. Im sure that they were just handed to you wern't they. Nuff said.

If you have enough bullets, anything is possible

Unfortunatly, this seems to be America's point of view. :S I don't think you can, you might be able to change the workings of your home country, but beyond that, no.

I knew that someone would take that literally. And those that think this is Americas point of view has his head in the oven. Ive got a lighter that you can borrow!

HAHAHA good one. Easy there buddy, piss us off and we could be in your neighborhood soon LOL:D Of course, we've already kicked the Brits ass when they thought they could step to us in our own back yard.;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Yes, we can, absolutely. Hard to believe, given today's headlines, but we humans are progressing, slowly but surely. When I was a kid minorities were forced to live as second-class citizens. If a woman had a professional career she was an object of curiosity. War was actually considered a glorious undertaking. People's interactions led to the social movements that brought about paradigm shifts in the way we think. Not a simplistic notion at all. The work is never finished.

I think we can, too. We just don't always get the kind of credit for it that (and when) we'd like to. But the world is changed nevertheless.

If you're trying to change it so that people will know about it, well, that might not happen. But if you don't try, it definitely won't.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

change the world that we live in?

That is the key to the question right there. We can change the world we live in - our immediate environment. We cannot change anyone else, only ourselves. Everyone is responsible for how they act or react to their own environment.

I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.