TheDoctor2608

Gopro-make it safer

Yes, i see your point. I just want to make a video on few very special jumps. I did also train to quickly disconnect my helmet and asked some people what the important things that you have to be aware of are. ....

How did you train for this? Do you have a cutaway? Or are you relying on being able to release a Fastex connector?

I practice helmet EP's in the hanging harness ALL THE TIME...upside down & spinng with 3 feet of free-bag bridle wrapped around my eyes and wearing gloves.

it's a piece of CAKE! ;):ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

No, i don't have a cutaway yet but helmet with cutaway is ordered. A friend of my pulled at my helmet while i tried to release the connector. Not absolutely realistic, but i gives you a feeling about how it might be if your lines wrap around your camera. I stop jumping with a camera until i got my new helmet.

>A friend of my pulled at my helmet while i tried to release the connector.

If you do have a canopy/helmet snag you will, at minimum, have your body weight on the connector. So have your friend suspend you off the ground from the helmet (might take a few friends) and give it a try.

The release systems on most (good) camera helmets are designed for loads like that, which is why they sometimes look overly complex/large.

Sure that test isn't realistic, but it gives you an idea that disconnecting your helmet with pull force on it is much harder. And like i said, no more jumps with camera until i got my cutaway helmet :-)

If anything gets caught on the GoPro just rip that b***h off!

Link related.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm5iN91X-g8

7 seconds is A LOT LONGER THAN YOU THINK
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

He rips it off in less then 1 second. lol

my bad different Video. Other people have had differing results than dieselcam
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

How often do you think a PC bridle or a reserve PC bridle will be pealing of the camera? The only reason why he was able to rip it off was as he was bending the adhesive. If you pull straight up, you have no chance of pulling it off like that. If your plan is to reach for your camera and peal it off once you feel the force dragging on it, you may find yourself with a broken neck already.

How often do you think a PC bridle or a reserve PC bridle will be pealing of the camera? The only reason why he was able to rip it off was as he was bending the adhesive. If you pull straight up, you have no chance of pulling it off like that. If your plan is to reach for your camera and peal it off once you feel the force dragging on it, you may find yourself with a broken neck already.

A lot of variables not accounted for as well...

Surface of the helmet, temperature difference, length of time stuck on.

Dunno if I'd bet my life on the 1 sec. peel off thing. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~