ernokaikkonen

Discussion on offensive jokes

Hey, whatch with those holocause jokes:| my Grandfather nearly died in a concentration camp...he broke a leg when he fell out of the watch tower:|

Is that why your avatar has a Stahlhelm?

hehehe
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Iz dat vere you got zat helmet ??

Why yes, it used to belong to my GrandpopsB|

Quiz: look closely at the helmet. There was only one regiment that had this particular one as part of their uniform. Name it and win a beer (thank Gawd Clay is still at ZHills)B|
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

You're not the minority.

Jokes come at the expense of others. We poke fun at the differences and misfourtunes of others. Unfortunatly, there are some that think there are groups of people that should be immune to this because of the shape/size of said misfurtunes.

I say B.S.! Nobody is immune! A lesson in humility please! Everyone will be the butt of a joke at some point in time...

Blacks, Whites, Orientals, Jews (yes the ones that dies in concentration camps too), gays, straights (Ooops, I mean not-gays), fat people, skinny people (No! not skinny people!... my parents were skinny people!!!)...

LOL....

No, I mean it LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!

:)

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Like someone said earlier, "humor as an occasional way for some people to make very hurtful things tolerable." Of course, I'd put it a little different. I'd have to say that if you can't laugh at a situation then you've allowed that situation to have power over you.
But then again, there are some common sense things that should be prevalent in your joke telling. If you're having dinner with Louis Farrakan (sp?) you probably shouldn't joke about watermelons. If you're having dinner with a devout Catholic it's probably best not to bring up the fact that the pope has actually been dead for 5 years and is in all actuallity simply being operated by some cardinals who stuck that remote control unit up his ass. If you're talking to Jerry Falwell, maybe you shouldn't bring up how your lesbian friend thought she wanted a baby so she was artificially insiminated but then she changed her mind and got an abortion.
My point is, people, we all use humor everyday to deal with difficult issues we have to face. The moment we lose our ability to laugh at the screwed up things in our lives we will have lost one of our most important human characteristics. Soooo, next time you get pissed off over something as irrelevant as a joke, go look in a mirror and start laughing at youself for being so damned sensitive. It might be the funniest thing you see all day.;):)

Truman Sparks for President

WRONG ANSWER!!! Black steel helmet with the SS run signs on the side...analyze, research...respond. Totenkopf was a Waffen SS regiment. This is (insert name)....in the words of the Blessed Virgin Mary....come again;)

jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a joke is in the eyes of the reader.

By that I mean that the interpretation of a joke doesn't come from the source but from the recipient. It's a judgement on their part as to whether or not it was intended as a joke to make people laugh, or intended as an insult to the subject matter used in the joke.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !