JamesNahikian

Cali Earthquake

It woke me up, 04:18, right? Like a true CA denizen, I rolled over, opened one eye, checked the time, acknowledged that the house wasn't shaking enough to get scared, and then went right back to sleep. I'm fairly close to the epicenter though, else a 5.4 wouldn't really get my attention.
Woo hoo! First Earthquake in a while...
kate

Yeah, woke up, felt the tremor, but didn't budge out of bed...just rolled over and went back to dreamland. Even curiosity of where they originated didn't keep me awake. :^)

In fact, there were two earthquakes this morning. I live at the base of the foothills below the epicenter. Neither of them were much of anything.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I'm fairly far away from the epicenter...and of course, slept right through it.

No major (or really even minor) damage, from reports I've heard. Some things off shelves, but most people didn't even feel it. And no-one at my office did.

Here's a great link for recent CA eq's...

http://www.scecdc.scec.org/recenteqs/

If you look, the big square is the originating quake, and the overlaid squares (which are generally smaller) are aftershocks. Click on a square, and you can get a 2 degree map. Click in there, and you have everything from epicenters to waveforms.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~