mountainman

How DO you do it ?!?

I am joining this thread really late, but, You could try other sports like Raquetball or squash or even badminton. I have been jumping only a year but this winter sucked. Snowboarding helps as does getting out and doing anything.

You say you live in Ohio. Try Moutain biking. I here there are some pretty good trails out there.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

Mountainman...Have you tried Mad River Mountain? Not really a mountain, more of largish hill. But it should help.

FallRate

Hey.. yeah, I've been skiing/snowboarding now for about 10 years and I refuse to go there anymore. It is really not worth the effor (and $). They charge more than Vail or Aspen for lift pass and rental for what you get. I think after skiing CO and MI a lot, that is just not fun anymore. It's like Omar having to go do AFF 1 over and over and over. Know what I'm saying ?

;)

brandon, Perfect North allows snowboarding now, it has a decen terrain park and enough runs to enjoy for a few hours. I learned to snowboard this year, it's been a blast. i wouldn't compare it to AFF... I see it more like this: Perfect North is like jumping a cesna and snow in Colorado is like jumping a casa, so many more options. we got passes and it's been well worth it this year. You can also do indoor rock climbing, there's a place in Dayton and a couple down here in cincinnati. And then there's always the normal people's winter sports, basketball, volleyball, etc. I've got plenty to keep active with, you just have to look around a little, and branch out.
there's always skymama's suggestion...
and when all else fails, drive to ELOY!!!!!!!!

eloy eloy eloy...

peace
http://www.exitshot.com

Thanks for the ideas, Lew. I have never been to Perfect North. Mad River has been my extent of winter sports in Ohio. As far as snowboarding and AFF... if you think about what I said, it is very much like that. I have been boarding so long, going down those hills over and over isn't exciting, just like AFF training (not instructing) would be for Omar. It was just a comparison.

I think it would be cool to try the indoor stuff. That would get me off my duff and get into shape again. Heh ...

I would really like to start SCUBA, but I am not sure I can swing 2 expensive sports right now. I think this whole thing is just really me trying to vent my altitude deprivation. I can't wait until it is nice again.

Is there a Safety Day anywhere around here ? Isn't that next weekend ?
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

I generally jump during the winter...OH, you said don't post if you're in the south or Texas...sorry.:o:P

LOL

Yeah... I wouldn't mind living somewhere a little warmer... like Antarctica. J/k.

This morning the temperature at the airport by me was 2F (windchill = -7F). That is COLD !!! [:/]

I only ever get to jump once a month (on my weekend off). It really ticks me off.
BUT! I just think of all the money I've saved. That keeps me going.
I really miss everyone at the DZ too. But I get all excited, Like a kid at christmas:) when my weekend comes. And it makes your jump alot more fun, because you've been winding yourself up all month!
Summer does suck too, man. You may have forgotten the sticky, humid weather. Once you put your jumpsuit and rig on, you're ready to collapse in a pile of sweat!

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after

Summer does suck too, man. You may have forgotten the sticky, humid weather. Once you put your jumpsuit and rig on, you're ready to collapse in a pile of sweat!

Yeah... I remember those days. That is why my favorite time of year is spring/fall. In a perfect world, I would live somewhere that has partly cloudy skies and 65F weather all year round. DROOL

Heheh...

would live somewhere that has partly cloudy skies and 65F weather all year round. DROOL

Oooh! that gave me goosbumps just thinking about it!!!! I'll drool with you;)

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after