dropdeded

Life in The Navy

Hehehe I'm glad to see this has circulated far and wide. Th numbered wya to navylife was concocted about 8-9 yrs ago I think cos It appeared just after I joined the RN, but it is so true and just tff!!:D

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

An Army grunt stands in the rain with a 35 lb. pack on his back, 15 lb. weapon in hand, after having marched 12 miles, and says, "This is sh*t."

An Army Airborne Ranger stands in the rain with a 45 lb. pack on his back, weapon in hand, after having jumped from an airplane and marched 18 miles, and says with a smile, "This is good sh*t!"

A Force Recon Marine lies in the mud, 55 LB pack on his back, weapon in hand, after swimming 10 miles to shore, crawling through a swamp and marching 25 miles at night past the enemy positions, says with a grin, "This really is great sh*t."

A Navy SEAL, up to his nose in the stinking, bug-infested mud of a swamp with a 65 LB pack on his back and a weapon in both hands after jumping from an aircraft at high altitude, into the ocean, swimming 12 miles to the shore, killing several alligators to enter the swamp, then crawling 30 miles through the brush to assault an enemy camp, says, "I love this sh*t. "

An Air Force technician sits in an easy chair in an air conditioned, carpeted dormitory and says, "We're out of beer? What is this sh*t!?"

hehehe from a USAF vet (me) '81-85.

"I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot."

edit to add last quotation.
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

(sure wish I knew how to make things clicky)

Copy the url you want to post. Go to the reply screen, and click on that box below it that says "url". The word "url" should show up in brackets. Paste the address you want to make clicky. Click on the "url" box again, and this time it should show up in brackets with a / mark before it. Preview it to make sure it worked. Do the same thing and use the other handy, clicky boxes if you want to quote someone's post, or bold, underline or italicize things. It should look like this (with "url" being substituted by "clicky")

[clicky]http://whateveraddress.com[/clicky]
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yep, that's exactly why I went Air Force. (1966-1970)

;)

Same here. As an ex-Army brat with no prospects and limited options, the service was my only way up. But having seen the Army up close and personal since I was born (no joke), there was no way I wanted part of that.

What really infuriated the mil types I worked with when I was a DoD dependent (and later a civilian DoD employee) was that I WAS a civilian, and not subject to their stupid military rules.:ph34r:

That caused me some problems when I was a jr. enlisted. Thought I was alone in that until I ran across another ex-Army brat in the AF who had done the same thing for the same reasons. Kinda hard to take sh*t from an E-4 or E-5 when you've grown up with your CW4 or O-5 parent being addressed as "Sir" by such people...:$ Strange psychology there. I never did adjust completely. RE Code 2x (aka "Kiss of Death")...hehehe

If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten a commission.[:/]
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Winter or Summer?

Airborne (winter) Ranger Aviator Corps of Engineers Alternate Service! Baywatch!

Winter of course! Nov 1992 thru April 1993 (the long course). White thread and all.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin