jzzsxm

I can't find a list of canopies and their pack volumes, do you guys think you could help me out?

I grabbed a Wings stock rig for 40% off (W14, they say it fits a PD 190 but I've heard Wings pack a bit tight) and am about to start looking for used (so hopefully they pack a little smaller) canopies.

I know different varieties of canopies pack smaller or larger even if they have the same square footage but an aggregated summary of which packs bigger/smaller than which doesn't seem to exist.

Any insight? Anybody with a W14 that has direct experience with this? Anything in your experience is helpful, I'm reading everything I can to get a better sense of things.

Thanks guys!!!

in my experience (four different W14's). A 190ZP would be rather tight, but not impossible. A 190 hybrid (Silhouette, Pulse) or F111 would be very nice.

I would recommend (in this order) :

Hybrid 190 (like a Silhouette or Pulse)
a 7 cell 190 (like a Spectre or Triathlon)
a well used 190 9 cell ZP
I would definitely stay away from dacron lined 190 canopies (Strictly due to the pack volume. Dacron lines in themselves are nice)

I know different varieties of canopies pack smaller or larger even if they have the same square footage but an aggregated summary of which packs bigger/smaller than which doesn't seem to exist.

Check the back of a Para-Gear catalog where exactly such a chart exists.

Not seeing it in the back of the 2012-2013 one, is it hiding elsewhere?

*looks at the 12-13 catalog*

Hmm, sumbitch, sure isn't there!

This should help:
http://www.paragear.com/canopyspecs/canopysizing.PDF
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Not seeing it in the back of the 2012-2013 one, is it hiding elsewhere?

Page 259 of the 10-11 catalog.

Doesn't really help if he doesn't have a 2 year old catalog. :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I have assembled two W14s this year. Both with pdr176 and new Sabre 2 190s. The manufacturer recommends this combo, but I found that the 190 was a tighter fit than I would recommend. Not for safety reasons, it's just that this setup is usually for new jumpers with limited packing experience. This is a hard way to learn. Of course on the other hand it makes moving down one size an easy move.

We have a few people with this combo here, and all of them are pretty happy with it.

Ken
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.