NoShitThereIWas

Skydiviing's most embarrasing moments

when I was in skydiving school, level 1, I went to grab the plastic handle to deploy and it was stuck, so I pulled harder, and looked to see the instructor's altimeter in my hand!

<<<>>>
A good friend will bail you outta jail... A true friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was fucking awesome!!!'

does anybody have a doubt that somehow, some way JT is sure to win this contest ?

;)
O

why would you say that? I have never won anything here...even though HH said he would give me a free shirt!(he never did)[:/]
My photos

My Videos

My first jump was AFF1 & I had thought that at pull time, I would wave off, then the instructors would leave, and then I would pull.

So on the video you see me watching my altimeter at 6k down to 5k. Then you see me wave off. and then quickly glance back & forth at the instructors (who are STILL THERE for some strange reason), then wave off AGAIN more emphatically.

Just then the instructor on my right pulled my ripcord.
During the flight back I realized what I'd done wrong. ooops.:)

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Uh...I guess you haven't found all the cool features on the site yet. There's one area that can tell you different statistics about posters.

Andrea- I think she meant this was the first thread she'd started. :)

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

too funny! i have that exact same video! level 2 i think... get to 5500, wave off, pause, the videographer checks his alti, looks back towards me, i wave again then pull.:S

"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

My instructor stopped giving me landing instructions almost from the get-go, but of course I still wore a radio through student status.

On a particularly beautiful fall day, with lots of people on the DZ, I had done several jumps. My instructor had been messing with me most of the day too- to which I always responded in kind.

Well, on final approach, I'm concentrating, in full flight, aware of all the spectators, when he comes in over the radio: "Hey Rebecca, don't fuck up!"

Yeah, guess what happened. "OMG- don't fuck up! Don't fuck up!" "That was NOT my fault!!!"

EVERYONE was laughing. [:/]

Hee hee- it WAS pretty damn funny . . . and it looked great on the video he shot. :D

British National 4 way Comp last year. Lovely weather, no wind, perfect swooping weather. In front of 200 of Britains latest and greatest I screamed across the landing area howling like a fool, came to the end of the landing area still doing at least 30mph, and into the field with a 5ft high maturing pea crop. Legs stopped, face ate dirt :$ I rose to a round of applause and gave a bow ;)

Rich M

Now don't be the glass is half empty type of person. You should convince yourself that even if there were other females you would have still been the class"Hottie".
I've been doing really good. We've finally started getting good weather and I've been taking full jumping advantage.
My most embarrasing skydiving moment was several years ago. I gave the safety and first aid lecture at a Instructor certification course. When my lecture ended it was lunch time and instead of eating I organized an 8 way. The jump went as planned. I opened normally and did a monster 180 hook and hammered in. Broke my femur in 4 places. Of course I was the first to land and all the candidates saw what happened from above. After things started to call down I informed all the candidates that I should get good reviews because I was the only Instructor to give a lecture and a demonstration. If your gonna do stupid things you better be the first one to laugh at yourself.:D

hmm have to say it was a Team Flail 10 way RW jump..now i hadnt been on an RW jump in quite a while so when we exited i sorta instinctively went headdown, paniced and rolled across the entire base while trying to recover...of course this jump had the privilege of being documented by M. McGowan who of course got a lovely full color high detail shot of me nearly standing on the back of Mark Kirkby while he casually pushed me off to save the base..

even an airspeed suit cant help my RW skills, just let me dive and dock, that i can handle :)

Oh Kelly, I remember you telling me about that. Well thanks for boosting my ego about being a hottie. You're a hottie too! ;) The weather in California has been great. I am excited that today is Friday and hope there is lots of AFF this weekend. I put a camera on my head so I have been doing some video work too. I am sending good weather vibes to you out there in Missouri. Hope to see you this summer! ;) BTW, did you ever get that picture I sent of you, Troy, Bickel and me after the AFF course? I have it on my bedroom wall right next to my TFX team picture and my Bronze.

Blue ones

Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Let me see my most embarassing moment.....Had to be around 35 jumps i thought i was bad and bought my own rig. (Vector 2, Saber150) and decided i was gona show these people how i could handle it.....well needless to say i ended up landing downwind, over shooting the DZ and planting my feet right on the yellow line of the road, and oh yeah....this was also on Safty Day!
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

One of my most embarrasing moments was right when I got off student status. I was jumping at Spaceland which has a HUGE landing area. Comming in for landing I managed to take out the windsock.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer