LisaBabie

Dixie Chics: Traders?

All right guys... Sorry to be posting stuff like this... But it is an interesting subject.

The Dixie Chics, while touring in Europe, completely trashed our country and all of it's war motives...

...Is this an innocent opinion, or are they "traitors" ?
For every first... there is a case of beer!

...Is this an innocent opinion, or are they "traders" ?

It's called "playing to your audience".

LOT'S of entertainers say some pretty petty things to overseas audiences that they'd NEVER say to an audience in the U.S.. For instance, take a look at THIS PAGE and scroll down a story to find the one about Joan Rivers making jokes about 9/11. Personally, I think that's a hellofalot worse than the Dixie Chicks gaff.

In these particular cases, the news made it's way back here, but there's a lot of stuff that you don't ever hear about.

Personally, I don't think you should ever say something in public about somebody you wouldn't say to their face. I catch myself violating that every once in awhile as I'm sure we all do, but ya at least have to try.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

i find it interesting that everyone is referring to "Dixie Chics" in a plural manner. when in fact, it had nothing to do with the 2 sisters, but only the lead singer Natalie Maines. bad thing is, she's making the other 2 pay for her voicing her opinions. by the way, they were on a world tour, Natalie expressed her opinion about a certain matter she dissagreed with...what's all the fuss? Natalie's no traitor, she "spoke her mind" my 23 year old son and myself go round and round about this very thing, sometimes in heated debates, he hates me calling bushjr "Wyatt Earp" i think it fits. that's the reason they make fords and chevys.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Absotively hit that head right on the nail, Richard.

Natalie spoke her opinion and her opinion only. She showed disrespect for President Bush, she did NOT trash America and her people.

Her apology was also sincere, she stated she didn't care for Mr. Bush's policies, but that she still was wrong in criticizing the President the way she did.

In other words, she didn't back off on her opinion or her right to have and state it, but she did apologize not only for her disrespect for the office of the POTUS, but also apologized to Mr. Bush for insulting him in such a public forum.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Freedom of speech shoul'nt be judge. I don't see why she should be seen as a traitor. She spoke her mind and that's it. Maybe she was't as diplomat as she should of but we live in a free country and that's why we like it so much. Is'nt that why U.S tries to implement Dimocraty in other country?