peppermint

OUCH! I broke my arm!

I was flying high on Saturday after my jump and was so full of energy I decided to clean the gutters around my house. I fell off the ladder and broke my arm. I live alone and had to go to my neighbors house for help. He took me to the emergency room and we were there all night long. He kept me company yesterday and took care of me (which is a bonus because he is cute and I've never talked to him before). I'm in a lot of pain and painkillers aren't working.>:( The doctor said it was interesting that I "fell" from a plane and had no marks from it, but I fall off a ladder and break a bone. Go figure.

The flowing wave returns not, nor does the passing hour.

Face it. Skydivers are more dangerous on the ground than they ever could be in the air.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Keep it elevated as that will reduce the swelling which causes lots of the pain.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I was flying high on Saturday after my jump and was so full of energy I decided to clean the gutters around my house. I fell off the ladder and broke my arm. I live alone and had to go to my neighbors house for help. He took me to the emergency room and we were there all night long. He kept me company yesterday and took care of me (which is a bonus because he is cute and I've never talked to him before). I'm in a lot of pain and painkillers aren't working.>:( The doctor said it was interesting that I "fell" from a plane and had no marks from it, but I fall off a ladder and break a bone. Go figure.

Hehe.. you should have gotton on DZ.com and PMed me, I coulda come out with my trauma kit and splinteded it for you.. hehe

Kevin

Speedy recovery Natalie!

Isn't it sad and ironic that you'll be stopped from doing the very activity that gave you the energy to do the thing that caused the injury? I must agree that I'm much less fond of rooftops now than I was before - at one point in my early career I stood atop my garage roof practising "flaring" :S.

No, I didn't fall. But, the one and only bone I've ever broken was my middle finger on my dominant (Right) hand. I was packing my pop top tent trailer for the opening sports car club weekend and the lid fell down and crushed my fingers. I was chief instructor and race director that season. It took a bit of 'splainin to the students and the instructors but I was able to demonstrate fast track laps in a BMW M5 with one hand taped up.

I wold not attempt to skydive with a broken arm. I would still hang out at the DZ doing whatever I could to help out .... I bet there's a bunch of sympathy beers waiting for you.

Remember: that which does not kill you makes you stronger... and T3's and beer make for a very sound sleep ;);)

Blue skies
Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

I was getting similar comments from tearing cartlidge in my knee from slipping off a ladder at work. "All those jumps and you finally hurt yourself slipping off a ladder" doctor shaking his head...

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

That bites. Heal fast, and I hope it wasn't your beer hand...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

That is a real bummer. Sorry to hear that.

I hope you are able to get back soon.

Hint: Take double dose of the pain killers. ;)
What did they give you and how many mg's?

Hint2: Take double the dose and some Bacardi Limon. ;)B| That will definitely do the trick. Light head and nappy time.

Take Care. Get well. and stay off those ladders!! :)

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

I'm sorry to hear about your fall. Any idea as to how long you won't be able to jump? If your profile is still up to date, it says that you're still a student and it would bite if this injury held you up for a while towards getting licensed. :S

Good healing vibes being sent to peppermint. :$

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I have a call in to my instructor, but I will likely have to go back and repeat level 4, depending on how this works out. The doctor said "about 6 weeks." If it is any longer, I will probably have to repeat level 3. Don't know, I'm just guessing.

Do you make house calls?

Perhaps.. depends how far the house is :)

I'm certified, I can palpate AND give mouth to mouth.

:D

Where do you live? It's probably not too far from there :)

Northern VA. And initally in EMT school, the continued education came from my various dating escapades

:D

You know some positive things have come out of this. My neighbor brought lunch over and he's coming back for dinner (yum). I'm also planning on being at the dz this weekend. I've figured out you can learn a lot just being on the ground.

My neighbor brought lunch over and he's coming back for dinner (yum).

Lol...and I was gonna volunteer to bring my diabetic ass and all my tupperware up there...lol.

FFF

That sounds excellent! Bring it on, the more the merrier!!!

Parachutes are important, Pep...

Sorry to hear about the injury. Heal fully and fast...the sky will wait!

And make the most out of the neighbor thing....;)

Ciels-
Michele

Thank you! The neighbor thing is really going well. He just came back and asked if I wanted to watch a movie tonight with our dinner and I said sure! I've always wanted to talk to him so it's very nice. Even though I've already seen the movie, it will be great having him here.;)

Parachutes are important, Pep...

Sorry to hear about the injury. Heal fully and fast...the sky will wait!

And make the most out of the neighbor thing....;)

Ciels-
Michele

Thank you! The neighbor thing is really going well. He just came back and asked if I wanted to watch a movie tonight with our dinner and I said sure! I've always wanted to talk to him so it's very nice. Even though I've already seen the movie, it will be great having him here.;)

Damn sounds like I need to go break my arm.. there is a cute neighbor that lives next to me.. course she lives with a guy who used to be her fiancee but they broke that off.. not exactly sure what to think about that situation.. :)