Gawain

Another Picture from Iraq

This one is real, I snagged it off of CNN's web-site (from AP/AJC).

Those famous sabres which cross that road in Baghdad have a different look to them.

It is a sign of being close to victory, it is also eerie. Those are our tanks.

This seemed like a very "telling" photo, for many reasons. For me, it was excitement and fear at the same time. :|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

top.baghdad.monday.jpg

That's a really good picture, and will be in a lot of magazines.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Here is another one with a quote from their Information Minister...

"They are sick in their minds. They say they brought 65 tanks into center of city. I say to you this talk is not true. This is part of their sick mind," Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf said. "There is no presence of American infidels in the city of Baghdad at all."

That means these US soldiers aren’t really in one of the presidential palaces

---------------------------------------------

Randy

0_21_040703_soldiers_palace.jpg

"the minister of wishful thinking."

Sounds just about right. Say it enough times and you might believe it -- he's got a really bad case, though. Like the "governor of the state of denial" too.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The latest press confrence that i saw come down on the feeds was something like that.
The part that got me laughing hard was the reporters Story (PKG) about it. Her one track said that the info minister denied the british or americans were in the city at all while they had just been seen 300 yards away at the nearest presidential palace....:ph34r::D
matt

I still think it's funny that Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf said something along the lines of "they have not come near the airport", then later said "they have walked into our trap", then the next day tried out "we have murdered them all", after which my TV cut to a picture of soldiers at the airport strolling around, laughing and joking (they probably found some cigarettes). That guy is like a kid who says he couldn't brush his teeth because he was on the moon at the time!

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

Here is another one with a quote from their Information Minister...

"They are sick in their minds. They say they brought 65 tanks into center of city. I say to you this talk is not true. This is part of their sick mind," Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf said. "There is no presence of American infidels in the city of Baghdad at all."

That means these US soldiers aren’t really in one of the presidential palaces

Yeah, amazing. Maybe they can get the broadcast schedule and have a platoon of the 3d ID show up in the studio during a broadcast.

Just how many palaces are there, and what did it cost to build all of them, while the rest of the country was starving.
Who Dares Wins

I was listening to Lar Larsen on the radio and he said Saddam built 50 palaces in the last 10 years at a cost of $2.5 billion per year. :P
He was selling the medical supplies and food, that he received in the oil exchange, on the black market.

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

That's the best shot of the war, so far, IMHO B|

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."