Slink2

PC Gamers. Alienware jumpers.

I used to really be into gaming.

I was in several different clans with the entire Quake series, I was a big Duke Nukem 3d guy for a long time, I played the Doom serious non-stop.

I guess after I got bored of kicked everyone's ass in Quake 3, I just sorta quite playing one day.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

All time favorite is Yuri's Revenge of Red Alert 2 series. Been playing Unreal 2003 recently as well (I think I still like the first one better, this one plays too much like Quake 3). When I am in the mood for something slower I play Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 or Flight Sim 2002.

Now that I am unemployed, I am checking out what other games are in the apartment on my roommmates computer. I've already reorganzied the home-office so I have all nine computers on the DSL and wired cable-tv into here as well. Thinking of adding a server with ADS/DNS and DHCP as well as a 802.11g network so I can use the laptop anywhere in the apartment.

Oh yea, I do all this at night while spending the day job searching and catching up on my reading.

unreal tournament, so far as im concerned is the last word in virtual combat. i havent checked out ut2k3 yet but i heard its slower than the old ut. built myself a hacked optical trackball joystick and a psycho box with 512 megs 21 inch monitor 1333 amd chip and a voodoo 5 card to fight on. im a bit out of practice but i will take on any challenger in any map in any server you name so long as i can get a ping lower than 200. i don't even mind a handicap of 150, i.e. you have ping of 50 i have ping of 200 i'll die more but win anyway. i can beat 6 bots to 30 kills at godlike in MORPHEUS in less than 15 minutes and hit 450 frags per hour online fighting with rockets in the smallest map in the game. i specialize in using the redeemer in extremely confined areas at point blank range and surviving it every time by ducking for cover in the 150 milliseconds it takes for the nuke to hit. this is my rant and boast and i can back it up. bring it on. any takers?

450fph.jpg

30and9godlike.jpg

A voodoo 5 on a 1.3Ghz system? why? You can get a GeForce 5200Fx for $99 online. 3Dfx/GLide are as ancient as the Round Main.

Btw-those are some nice stats for UT, I always prefered the sniper over the rockets. Gotta love it when you have a guy shotting 5 rockets at you, then dodge 'em, and turn around and frag him with one shot! :ph34r:

well come on, this was awhile ago...some 16 months when i built it it was almost as badass as you could build....its horrible how you build a hercules system and its obsolete before the cpu fan has a chance to get dusty. when i scored that voodoo5 it was one of the best if not THE best thing available and the now-obsolete box still runs anything i can throw at it....although i might need a faster chip for ut2k3. this box can break 120 frames per second at 1280 X 1024 rez and self-clocks at waay overkill framerates at 800 X 600...i got a screenie reading over 830 fps...of course the monitor cant show anything faster than 120 but the processor headroom is sick...no lag or skip even with 9 people and 42 explosions onscreen at once. i don't care that the box isnt state of the art anymore, it was as badass a game box as i could build then and finally let me play ut as well as a box can play it. i always wanted to build a box powerful enough to play at max rez and max speed without any bullshit lag skip chop harddrive paging or whatever...i used to play QII on a P133 with a v330 an M3D card and 32 megs and at 512 X 384 it was choppy. horribly. so this box is cyberheaven. was. whatever. anybody wanna fight?

I'm running Ut2k3 on a Coppermine 550mhz that is overclocked to 733 on a GeForceTi4200, 512meg Ram (only pc100) without a problem. I'm only playing at 800x600 thou. In the process of upgrading so I can play the next gen games that will be out in the next year. Parts are dirt cheap right now, and CPU's are not giong to increase in speed much this year (AMD is concentrating on the 64bit stuff and Intel will hit a thermal limit on the .13 when the 3.2gig comes out in Q4) which also means the CPU prices will not drop much in price this year.

Never got into Tribes 2 but played Tribes a whole helluva lot Loved that game, especially the teamwork involvedfor some of the objectives. Q2 was ok, but it gets boring just running around blowin everyone up
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

go find some of the players from Clan Supergodlike, if they still play UT, and come back with scores like that and i'll be impressed ;)

most un-freaking-believable players i've ever seen, our clan did really well on the ladders until we came up against them...we were scored 1 flag cap against them in 2 rounds and were glad for it.

BTW, for UT2K3 get yerself a geforce4 ti4200 with 128megs and you'll be fine on your 1.33 Athlon, that's what i run, and while you can't do 1600x1200 with everything turned up, it's buttery at 1024x768

though if you CAN upgrade yer chip go for it.. but it's almost summer, dude.... sped the $$ on jumps! :)

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

I'm finally back on the servers from home. Got DSL in my area after 3 years of waiting! :) Going back to dialup from cable was a shock to my gaming system. Been playing alot of Everquest (not so ping dependant) aka: "EverCrack" really enjoy it.

I'm using this:
Sony VIAO
cpu - 1.6ghz p4
512md pc2100 DDR
gForce4 MX 64mg DDR
OpSys - WinXP Pro

I found it was pretty easy to swing back into the FPS Genre. I got UT2k3 last year when it first came out. Still had dialup (I used to get pwned) so I quit playing till lastnight. Took about an hour to patch up and get some map paks. I'm back out there. (my handle "Frazzeld")

Let's find some servers and play! Send me a PM or email. I'm ready :P I wont claim to be the best, like some here. But, I can claim I will give you fits and probably keep you on your toes. I prefer the InstaGib CTF and the Bombing run maps.

I used to play the Quake series. Also some Counter Strike. Don't have either installed. Could probably install CS and patch etc.. if we we're going to play that. I might even be able to swing a private CS Server, dunno will have to check. Got a really close buddy whos an IRC Admin with me. He's the leader of SHT Counter Strike clan. He's also got his clans private server. Just need to ask him for the use of it. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

We've tried before to get a Skydivers Gaming night before, I hope this time we can actually meet each other on the battlefield. :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I've never had anything but dial-up (we live in the boonies), so no on-line for me. I don't think I'd like it, anyway.

My current addiction is an RPG called Morrowind...actually, I've played the game already, it's just it came with this construction set that lets me build my own dungeons, houses, people, quests, etc. and just add it into the game. I'm hooked on making dungeuns and super-duper magic weapons and quests to find them, then firing up the game and playing my own stuff. Too cool.

Yes, I'm a geek.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

splurge for a non-mx geforce card with 128meg of ram, you'll be glad you did :)
once upon a time i was supposed to set up an UT server on my office network's greased-lightning connection, but unforunately i no longer have that office network, so public servers it will have to be.

Insta CTF is my game, so that'll work great. I play CS at lan parties cause that's what everyone wants to play, but if i'm going the halflife route give me HLDM or OpFor or TFC.

I'm horribly out of practice, (the after-5 impromptu office UT sessions were actually getting challenging, though i suppose my coworkers COULD have been improving), so don't point & laugh at my gibs TOO much. :P

Anyway, IM me at some point to play....

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

Ditto AMERICAS ARMY I have been ranked 1st and am currently ranked around 50. player name RYTHMNSTEALTH
BATTLEFIELD 1942 online multiplayer is the best game EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You can use any vehicles jeeps,tanks,apcs,planes,battleships,aircraftcarriers,submarines etc. You can have up to 64 players online at the same time YOU CAN EVEN SKYDIVE OUT OF THE PLANES. I have gone to max height done a massive freefall tracked across the whole map and dumped at tree level (20ft) and then shot a guy under canopy. I have also done my BSE in BASE on this game. The b was the 4th or 5th level of a ruined building in berlin. The S and E were bridges and clffs at gazala Africa.Cant find any A's in the game (OH SHIT I HOPE I DIDNT NAME ANY SITES)lol I have been working on my two ways with a friend flying a side by side in a spitfire then we both bail out but when ever we face each other we just track strait past so we are stuck to tracking jumps.
Check it outhttp://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield1942/home.jsp
Paul

im spending it on jumps man winters over and so is my term as a lesser god of UT. one reason i never bothered with the worldstats or any of that. i got to the point where i never met a man i couldnt kill in there, but thats relatively meaningless. every once in a great while i come across someone so good they make me look like grandma. no matter how good you get theres always someone else out there in a wheelchair confined to house who lives online and has 5300 hours of game time on a 2.2ghz. ive noticed when you get REALLY good you have to constantly train to keep the edge. i can't constantly train. i work jump and have a life andf would much rather spend my time in the real world....UT is a way to stay sane sharp and aggressive when stuck mostly indoors for 6 months. northern winters suck like that. speaking of real life i have this demo 190 sabre to try out today and am leaving for the dz in 15 minutes, so.....seeya!