ltdiver

Otter Paint?

Was wondering what is in the paint on our Otters these days.

I really creamed my ankle on an Elsinore Otter 2 weekends ago and now an infection has set in. Yesterday I found the infection track to be traveling up the leg now. And yes, the ankle hurts, but isn't hot to the touch. Just red and a bit swollen.

Yes, I've made an appointment to see my doctor, but would like to offer him any possible cause even remote as it may be.

Anyone know?
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Dupont imron or a polyurethane- epoxy. Its way long cured and dosen't pose a health hazard in that state unless you breath the sanded paint dust.
But that area is Bathed in jet fuel exhaust. Yes definitely go see a docter, I heard the freeflyers at elsinore like to dry hump their otter.:P Glen

Thanks guys for the input. Doctor visit tomorrow. Friends at the DZ agreed that it needed to be seen (funny to see their faces wrinkle up as they stared aghast). :S

Jumps went fine this weekend, though. Nice what a little (or a lot) of pain killers can do for you!

Next weekend, a demo jump....hope it can work out o.k....
ltdiver

Well...doc's diagnosis: Contact Irritant. :P
First the Otter....then the medication which got into my blood stream...then decreased circulation which kept the irritant in the dependant limb.

So, the severe redness and swelling...and pain....should resolve in time. I'm to stop all medications and protect the injured limb. :S

No broken bones, though. :)
We'll see what this week brings.
Thanks for the concern and input.

ltdiver

Well, now at least you know. And with no meds you should be able to have your favorite malt beverage. ;)

Patrick

Exactly! ;) -Should- help with the pain too, don't you think? :)
ltdiver

Good news. Now don't push it. Oh wait, look who I'm talking to, like you're going to listen. Need to go do that demo. :P

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey