rhino

2 Jumptickets to the winner. I need assistance writing a simple c program.

o.k. My compiler won't work or something. I'll buy anyone 2 jumptickets and a case o corona that can write this program with a quickness..

Write a C program that displays a title, "Currency Conversion," and then write the names of five currencies and their equivalents to the US dollar. The conversions are hard coded equations. Insert comments in the program to document the program internally. Attach a design flow chart and a version control sheet to a hard copy of the source code of the program.

Expand the “Currency Conversion” program to accept one input currency, which is error checked as a valid entry, and then display its equivalency in US dollars. Insert comments in the program to document the program internally. Attach a design flow chart and a version control sheet to a hard copy of the source code of the program.

Expand the “Currency Conversion” program to have a menu that allows the user to choose which currency they wish to display in its equivalency to the US dollars. Insert comments in the program to document the program internally. Attach a design flow chart and a version control sheet to a hard copy of the source code of the program.

:S:S:S:S

Rhino

Writing this program and "winning your contest" and getting the two jump tickets and beer from you is all well and good. However that still leaves you with no rights to use, modify or claim the program as your own.

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

However that still leaves you with no rights to use, modify or claim the program as your own.

Only if the author grants PUBLIC DOMAIN rights, you can do whatever you want with the code, except claim ownership.

Sounds to me like someone spent all weekend at the DZ and needs to get something done for a final project in school. Am I right?

Unfortunately I spent all weekend moving into a house. :( And my rig is being put together.. You know.. My new wings ;)

Only if the author grants PUBLIC DOMAIN rights, you can do whatever you want with the code, except claim ownership.

Thanks for the info.. For 2 tickets, a case of beer that is exactly what I expect for this few lines of code..

Expand the “Currency Conversion” program to have a menu that allows the user to choose which currency they wish to display in its equivalency to the US dollars.

pardon my french, but this sounds like a user interface catastrophe. who in their right mind makes menu-driven interfaces in C? I know several people at work that would do it, but none of them is in their right mind :S

give me a cli any day

nathaniel
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

that's the kind of thing that gives me shivers at night....

i think curses should be smitten from the earth...well maybe its not that bad but I can only think of a handful of *curses programs worth their salt. definitely out of the reach of all but the best software engineers.

nathaniel
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

Sorry Bro. Never bothered to learn C. I stick to the hardware stuff now, and mix in Windows environment support and repair for extra cash.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I can do it, but if its a school project I won't touch it. I learned the hard way abuot trying to get strangers code and pass it off as my own. Plus you never know if I'd throw in variables that you could'nt explain why I parsed them they way I did.

Free C compiler if you need that.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hard coded equasions are'nt useful for anything other then proof of concept programs. For all my assignments I always was taked with writing an administrative interface to alter the formulas so that the same code was very flexible. With something like an exchange rate its pointless to use a fixed rate for any business reason. And if it was for the business... I would'nt pick C as the language to write it in. I like Java or C++.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Damn.. I figured someone on here could do this?

I can do it, but this feels like an assignment to me. If I do your homework for you, then I'll be hurting myself when we end up competing for the same job down the road.

That said...

If it isn't a school project and you can prove it, I'll be happy to provide you with my rate card (sorry, cash only, no jump tickets or beer).

If you don't get any help, here's a link to a forum where a similar program is explained, with some suggestions about what to do.

conversion question

I'm no C programmer (I'm at the :ph34r:-see-:ph34r:-do stage of C and C++ programming), but this looks like it has some reasonable stuff.

Wendy W.
(edited to say that moving sucks)

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I would help you if I could but I only know a little visual basic, and a whole lotta useless FORTRAN (damn engineering major) :P

Whenever I needed a program, I would just pay off someone in my class to edit-copy, edit-paste, change a few words, and voila!

MB 3528, RB 1182