frawley308

Vintage Pop Top Belly Reserve

does anyone know where I might be able to find an old Strong Pop Top belly reserve container to use as a template to build a replica?Thanks
Frank Rawley D-9589
Pensacola Florida
850 292-1118

Depends, ya gonna give it back in working condition?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I could sell you a new one for $450 from Jump Shack, and it'll be legal to use

On a more serious note, I wonder about the feasability of having a MR add rings to the main lift web to make a chest rig attachment point on a skydiving rig for intentional cutaways. That would put a Baser to good use. Will it accept a square reserve?
=========Shaun ==========

I could sell you a new one for $450 from Jump Shack, and it'll be legal to use

On a more serious note, I wonder about the feasability of having a MR add rings to the main lift web to make a chest rig attachment point on a skydiving rig for intentional cutaways. That would put a Baser to good use. Will it accept a square reserve?

I don't believe that poptop is TSOd for square use.

Nevertheless, wouldn't using the same MR added rings for hooking up a tershiary canopy that you dbag/trashbag out of the plane and subsequently cutaway be a cleaner solution which will result in much lower rate of lost freebags ?

I don't know of any chest-mounted reserve containers that are certified for square reserves.
When Para-Flite invented the square reserve, they specifically discouraged people form packing them into chest containers. The big fear was that some-one would forget to attach one of the hooks and spin-in under a square reserve.

If you want to get really obscure, you could pack a square reserve into a lap-type PEP. The key difference is that the risers on lap-type PEPs are sewn to the harness, making it impossible to forget to hook-up a riser.