CrazyIvan

Brothers ans Sisters...help me decide

I'm about to buy a NEW rig, and I always wanted a Jav Odyssey, however it will take like 6 MONTHS!!!, the arternative is a WINGS, which will deliver in a few weeks.

Any input regarding the Wings will be GREATLY appreciated.

I have a Javelin and love it. I've heard very few negative reviews about any specific rig. You'll probably "win" with either choice.B|

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Ever thought about Infinity? I havn't been around much, but I love my Infinity Container!

Yes I have, however my DZ is a Wings dealer (used to be Javelin), they told me the new design is as good as Javelin's, I'm just asking around.

Also, what about options? what would you brothers and sisters recommend?

Definitely love my Odyssey. Sun Path came out with a low yoke container design that doesn't come up as high in the back . It's the design on their demo rigs from this year which are blue and orange. Tried one on the last time I was down there and it fits nice. Mouth just ordered one - PM her and see how she likes it!

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Wings is a great rig, and one of the most comfortable I've jumped. You'd be making a mistake though, if you didn't jump an Infinity before you make your decision.

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

I have a Wings and like it very much. But there are a few other quality rigs out there that are just as good if not better. But with the Wings you get a lot of bang for your buck. And the customer service with Sunrise Rigging is top notch.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Alright.. I have a wings and love it, My rigger (the biggest jav fan that I know) also loves it. Articulated harness is definately the way to go if you get one, It's super comfortable and a solid design.
Para-service.com has them cheap too..Roy could probably beat any deal that your dz can bring up.. He did for me atleast.. It's worth checking out at any rate.

Good luck

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky

I have a wings and love it, My rigger (the biggest jav fan that I know) also loves it

That's exactly the same case, the rigger at my DZ is 'Mr. Javelin', and I gotta say, when I heard him saying 'Get a Wings' I had to pick up my jaw off the floor, he saw the new containers and changed his mind.

Keep the input coming people.

Okay, there's nohing wrong with a Wings, or any other 'modern' rig eg mirage, vector, etc. But if you are going to be selling on your rig at some stage in the future, Javelins are more likely to hold a better resale value, also bear this in mind when you select a colour scheme.
If your going to put lots of 'miles' on your rig, then you might be better with the wings.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

If your going to put lots of 'miles' on your rig, then you might be better with the wings.

Are you kidding me? I'm planning on getting as much 'mileage' as possible, jump everywhere and meet as many people as possible, including you my dear DZ.com brothers and sisters. :)

"jump everywhere and meet as many people as possible, including you my dear DZ.com brothers and sisters. "

Thanks for the warning.;)B|

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson