Canuck278

Any divers out there?

PADI Adv. Lic. '90
got talked into it to go on a dive trip to Grand Cayman by the room mate(who won't jump) of
the nut that got me to my 1st jump class in '91
Dove plenty/ all sport.
-Grant

I earned my first NAUI cert in 1971 and first PADI cert in 1975 and have a few, just a few hours underwater.:)Safety vest
Tank/harness/regulator
Mask/snorkel
Fins
bathing suit/ t shirt to keep harness from chafing shoulders.

If the water/dive requires anything more.. ie BC, dry suit, emergency tank/regulator then I avoid the dive

I do find the following items necessary dive gear when diving in tropical waters, dive knife and a bang stick ..hey I had this little problem with this big fish one time.
There are two animals in North America I do not trust... bears and sharks.. and since it would be really hard to find bears while diving in the tropics I want the bang stick and a knife for peace of mind.:P

Amazon

Wow, alot of divers......i love it, as for it "being to slow" i guess it all depends where ya dive...I have the fortune to be living in Victoria BC, some of the best diving in the world. It's colder water, but i have a nice Whites 7mm with a 7mm farmer john so i'm usually warm if anything. It's a whole different world down there....where nothing lives by the rules we are used too......some strange fasinating stuff down there......

Steve
Therapy is expensive, popping bubble wrap is cheap.

I just found out that my brother and his fiance do scuba. >:( Jealous!

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I keep a boat out at the entrance to the Strait of Juan de Fuca... at Neah Bay... and yes there is some fantastic diving but DAYUM that water is cold. I went 3 years ago with some friends who do technical dives... and the anemones, gazillions of various fish, cucumbers, stars were cool but the best is the giant octopus found out there. BUT the cold and the tides SUCK. Even with a dry suit they loaned me I froze my butt off

Amazon