CrazyIvan

It's cool and exhausting!!

Today I had PACKING LESSONS, I did pretty good, since I've been observing the packers do it many many many times, I did like 5 or 6 full packing jobs and DAMN!! I'm tired, well, what do you expect?, I'm a geek who spend endless hours on his ass or walking up and down but rarely on his knees :P:P

I just wanted to share this with you. B|

It's cool and exhausting!!

Boy, it's too bad you didn't have a typo and meant to write, "She's cool and exhausting" and were talking about a girl! ;)

It IS exhausting! Right this minute I have my rig stretched out in my house trying to pack it again on my own for the pre-second time. Again, it's Chopchop's fault...he's the devil. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Now fellers - us easterners gotta stick together, fight nice.:D

Ivan - are they teaching you to flatpack or pro?

I've been learning to flatpack from the good folks at my DZ.

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

To Quade:

Yup, the UNPACKING is more fun than packing...and FASTER too.
I'm packing a DEMO canopy (Sabre2 170) which I'm jumping.

To JumpWally:

EXACTLY!!!, packing is part of being a skydiver (that's my opinion) and if I want to become a SKYDIVER I must be able to freefall, pilot a canopy AND pack it.

Is it me ? Havin' someone else pack for you (even free) just seems wrong...i mean are we that lazy? packin' is part of the process right...?

OK, I'm low time so I should be packing but I've never jumped anywhere that had a packer. If I ever do, believe me, I'll make use of them.
Besides, I'm scared every time I jump the wad of crap that I have shoved in the bag;) OK, kidding on the last and a big thanks to Team Benton for the packing props and lessons.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

I'm packing a DEMO canopy (Sabre2 170) which I'm jumping.

I believe the manufacturer recommends a Pro Pack for that. I could be wrong, but you might want to look it up in the manual to be sure. Ask whoever you're getting the canopy from for the manual. Unfortunately, it's unavailable on-line at this time.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I believe the manufacturer recommends a Pro Pack for that. I could be wrong, but you might want to look it up in the manual to be sure. Ask whoever you're getting the canopy from for the manual. Unfortunately, it's unavailable on-line at this time.

Yes they recommend PROPACK for a Sabre2 170, I'll learn the FLAT packing method using a TANDEM canopy.

Watching the packers really helps a lot, I learn easily observing others.

The cool thing about packing is that it gets more interesting ;) Just wait 'till you start on zero-p canopies - slippery little fellas. Then you have to start with the collapsable slider and cocking the pilot chute (and since Skymama's mind is finally in the gutter with the rest of us, no, that isn't a sex reference).

Nice to see you're learning a new trade during your unemployment.

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

The cool thing about packing is that it gets more interesting ;) Just wait 'till you start on zero-p canopies - slippery little fellas. Then you have to start with the collapsable slider and cocking the pilot chute (and since Skymama's mind is finally in the gutter with the rest of us, no, that isn't a sex reference).

Nice to see you're learning a new trade during your unemployment.

Well dude, that IS a ZeroP canopy, the collapsible stuff, no biggie, the real bitch is going to be when I get a BRAND NEW canopy, those are slippery mothers.

that IS a ZeroP canopy, the collapsible stuff, no biggie, the real bitch is going to be when I get a BRAND NEW canopy, those are slippery mothers.

Packing the first 10-20 jumps on my recently brand new Sabre2 170 was slippierer than owls shit. So I know what you're getting into. :S But if I can do it, you can do it. :$

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Bully for you.;)

I think the issue is some people CAN'T pack. I can turn a 10 if I have to, but it's just not as much fun getting on the plane all sweaty and wondering what I'm forgetting. Doing video with two rigs and a packer I come out way ahead of packing a single rig. Plus I'm not all wiped out by the 9th or 10th one.

Skymama, I thought Chop was just being a hardass for making you pack until I realized you haven't picked up the skill yet. You really do gotta know how, cause sometimes the packers are backed up and can't even get you on a 30 minute call, and you just have to pack it yourself so you can come out and play. Don't want to have you sitting on the ground at the American Boogie instead of being the subject of my first magazine cover, right?