KawiZX900

13 year old graduates college

and is pursuing presidancy of the U.S>

Date Posted: April 22, 2003

ASHLAND, Virginia (AP) -- He was solving math problems at 14 months, reading and correcting adults' grammar by 2 -- the same age he decided to become a vegetarian. He was explaining photosynthesis to kindergarten classmates at 5.

He breezed through 10 grades of school in three years, graduated with honors from high school at 9, founded an international youth advocacy organization, met with prime ministers and presidents, and was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. Twice.

Now, 13-year-old Gregory Robert Smith is about to add another line to his resume: College graduate.

Greg will receive his bachelor's degree in mathematics May 31 from Randolph-Macon College, a private Methodist school 15 miles north of Richmond. Greg, who was elected Phi Beta Kappa, is graduating cum laude.

He has not yet said where he will attend graduate school. He plans to earn PhDs in math, aerospace engineering, political science and biomedical engineering, and pursue multiple careers while continuing to champion nonviolence and children's rights.

Among his goals is to become president of the United States.

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

i'm 27 and just getting started with college, imagine how i feel... Fukin military ate up the best years of my life..

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

He'd probably invent some sort of robot to kick my ass and out drink me...:P

Even so, he's still missing the best part of college...the parties, the women, the friends, the parties and the women;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Damn straight!

Then again, he already missed a fun time of his life, ages 2-18.

and he's no where NEAR being able to jump...it suxs to be him;)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

You know, its gotta suck going to college and not being old enough to drive.

That and even if the girls think he's cute, he's so very illegal, so he's not going to get laid. I'm sure the girls his age annoy the piss out of him (as well as the boys).

I guess all he can do is watch USA Up All Night and drink a crap load of Mt. Dew to get a sugar rush...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Have you guys heard this kid talk? It's almost a bit condescending, like he's coddling the adults who don't know how to talk to him- very sweet and grown-up sounding, extensive vocabulary, perfect grammar and enunciation, while he's telling them what a normal child he really is.

Don't get me wrong- I think it's incredibly impressive and commendable to have accomplished so much so young. But, really, honestly, it's very NOT normal. Kinda creepy in a way- lots of kids say they want to grow up to be president, but this one really means it and has a clue what that would entail. Anyone else thinking antichrist?

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

lots of kids say they want to grow up to be president, but this one really means it and has a clue what that would entail. Anyone else thinking antichrist?

I believe your thinking of a movie that was along those lines;)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Have you guys heard this kid talk? It's almost a bit condescending, like he's coddling the adults who don't know how to talk to him- very sweet and grown-up sounding, extensive vocabulary, perfect grammar and enunciation, while he's telling them what a normal child he really is.

Don't get me wrong- I think it's incredibly impressive and commendable to have accomplished so much so young. But, really, honestly, it's very NOT normal. Kinda creepy in a way- lots of kids say they want to grow up to be president, but this one really means it and has a clue what that would entail. Anyone else thinking antichrist?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that interview on TV. Very weird. I felt like slapping him and yelling talk normal damnit.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that interview on TV. Very weird. I felt like slapping him and yelling talk normal damnit.

Hooray! Someone else agrees. OK, so maybe not THE antichrist, but he's just SO angelic and SO self-possessed (pun intended), and SO driven, that it's disconcertingly odd.

I dunno- am I so cynical that I can't look at him and accept him at face value like I think I do most people? It's probably because it's very hard to relate to him and what his life must be like. I'm sure there are plenty of brainiacs on this board, but can anyone here honestly put themselves in his place? (I almost wrote "in his shoes", but they're prob'ly much too small..)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

yeah it did seem condescending. I was reading in between the lines where he was probably thinking "damn this chick is stupid" She was speaking like a Public Address system on an old loop. She could have gone somewhere interesting with the interview, but there was probably not even an inkling of an origional thought in her head.. It was readilly apparent that they were on 2 very differnt wave lengths. The smart kid did need smacked for not being able to do better PR for himself... Quite possibly the anti christ....

Anyone else thinking antichrist?

He can't be because they've already found the Antichrist

LMAO.. I don't think I've ever read such goobledy gook, until now ;)
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

holy crap, I was just looking over this kid's site, and damn:

Why do
people say
THE SKY
IS THE LIMIT?

NOT TO ME!!!!!

Greg Smith
March 25, 2000

WE CAN CREATE NEW IDEAS!

I dream of a world that can utilize its knowledge and resources
for the advancement of mankind not its detriment. I dream of the day
when corporations will discontinue -- on their own -- the production of products
that are harmful to humanity and the environment
-- no matter what the financial loss --
the moral choice will be made when there is evidence that a product is causing illness and damage.
There is so much violence in our movies, TV shows, and games.
Do you ever ask why?
I will tell you why -- it is because WE BUY THEM!!!!!!
IT IS ELEMENTARY ECONOMICS!
If the market goes away, then the products will disappear
and the industry will create new ideas.
WE HAVE THAT POWER!! YOU HAVE THAT POWER! CREATE NEW IDEAS!

Greg Smith
September 2000

This kid is is freaking me out.

If I ventured in the slipstream; Between the via-ducts of your dreams.......could you find me?

I feel sorry for that kid. In a way. But then again, if he's got a kickass job like he's going to have by the time he's 18 and can afford some cool shit AND isn't a total dorkazoid....hmmm.....nahhh. I don't feel sorry for him. He needs smacking. I couldn't do ODE's until I was 18 and this little bastard has his bachelor's in math already. He's probably so screwed up psychologically its not even funny. Hopefully he'll invent some cool stuff and improve life for everyone.

Beers,

Vinny
;)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Yeah. He probably talks that way because he learned a whole bunch of words by reading them, and being curious about them. He uses them because they suit his needs.

He isn't an adult, and hopefully he's capable of having fun. But the interview I saw didn't seem condescending as much as just a kid with 90% of what he needed to interact like an adult not being aware of the last 10%.

It's weird to talk to a massively intelligent kid I'd imagine; you expect that respect that most people expect from kids that age to adults. We don't know any more about dealing with it than he does.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

WE CAN CREATE NEW IDEAS!

I dream of a world that can utilize its knowledge and resources
for the advancement of mankind not its detriment. I dream of the day
when corporations will discontinue -- on their own -- the production of products
that are harmful to humanity and the environment
-- no matter what the financial loss --
the moral choice will be made when there is evidence that a product is causing illness and damage.

Greg Smith
September 2000

i find that most ppl with lots of book smarts lack any common sense his comments on corporations show this, sure some may think it would be nice but think about it if the companys
" discontinue -- on their own -- the production of products that are harmful to humanity and the environment- - no matter what the financial loss -- "
then they will go bankrupt, tens of thousands of ppl will lose there jobs, no products will be created and the economy would collapse,
hmm hope he never does make it to president

book smarts are rarely as useful as street smarts(common sense)