payback462

cant we all just get along!

ok, so yesterday i did 5 hop 'n pops (and 1 full alt jump) mainly because my landings had gone to shit for a few jumps:P:$ and i really wanted to get in as many landings as cheaply as possible

but every time i did a hop 'n pop where everybody went to full altitude (2 loads only got about 4k because of clouds) they bitched about how it took SOOOO much longer to get to the top because of me.

then i get people telling me how im wasting my money because i dont get any freefall time. well excuse me but just maybe i like learning how to fly my fucking canopy more then freefall, so fuck you very much, and thanks for all the advice!!>:(

and to top it all off the one time i DO go to full altitude the damn otter ends up zooming past us (maybe 300-500ft away) while were IN freefall (around 10k)!:o:S although i must admit that was kinda cool to see itB|

i dunno im really not pissed or anything, it just bugs me that people have to constantly question what makes other people happy, i mean i dont really like RW all that much (i wouldnt be caught dead in booties:P), but i dont insult people for doing it so i dont think i should get shit because i like to fly my canopy. >:(

ahhh, screw it its all good, im only pissed because its crappy today, and i only have 2 more jumps till i hit 100:)

then i get people telling me how im wasting my money because i dont get any freefall time. well excuse me but just maybe i like learning how to fly my fucking canopy more then freefall, so fuck you very much, and thanks for all the advice!!

There's nothing wrong with doing a hop and pop from 4 or 5k if that's what you want to do, but if you're looking for canopy time then why not do a hop and pop from 13k? The only way to get experience flying your canopy is by spending time under canopy.
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

good luck on your 100th jump. Hope you have a better day. and yes in skydiving as well as in life iun general it would be nice if everyone would respect the fact that we are all different and like different things...thats one of the things that keeps life interesting;)

DITTO, if flying your canopy is what you want to do then go to altitude and pull high(let them know of course and get out last unless there are birdmen on the load. All the good canopy pilots spend time at altitude flying around and dialing it in. Better to learn up high than to take it in and die.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Don't pay attention to them. Some people just like to hear themselves talk and sometimes complaints are the only things their little minds can think of saying. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Tell 'em that if they want to really get there fast, they should charter the plane (pay for all the slots) or, they can just F---off.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

I dunno man, most the the "canopy" time I need is for PRO type stuff and a hop-n-pop is definately the way to go there. I probably made 100 hop-n-pops practicing in order for me to get my PRO Rating.

At an additional $8 per jump to go to full altitude. . . it adds up.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

So, were you the guy in the red jumpsuit that jumped out at 4K? That plane was too crowded and I was hoping more would be following;)

"your lucky you didnt get to smell what its like to be in the plane with me above 9k"

Maybe that's why no one on that load was complaining about you getting out.;) They were making jokes about you falling out to scare the 1st jump students, and they really did look scared!

Chances are they embarrassed that you are seriously practicing a skill that they never mastered.
If yesterday's fatality in Chicago is any indication, far too few skydivers take canopy piloting seriously.

Continue doing hop-and-pops.
Continue refining your canopy skills.
Continue telling them to "shut the f**k up!"

I did lots of hop and pops lately because I'm downsizing and noone gave me any crap about it. In fact, some very cool people actually took some time off whatever they were doing to watch and critique my approaches and landings (thanks again Peter).

Don't let anyone give you that kind of shit. Being courteous is one thing, but this is rediculous. If 4 champion freeflyers going to 12,5 in a C182 didn't complain when I jumped on their load from 4 grand (in fact, they encouraged me to do what I want), those skygods in an Otter can STFU.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Don't let anyone give you that kind of shit. Being courteous is one thing, but this is rediculous. If 4 champion freeflyers going to 12,5 in a C182 didn't complain when I jumped on their load from 4 grand (in fact, they encouraged me to do what I want), those skygods in an Otter can STFU.

That's because from 4 K, you land alot closer to the DZ, and we don't have to send out SAR parties. :D >:(

Still waiting for your new avatar. ;)
Lou

:D:D:D

I'm never going to live that down, will I?

Pillage, then burn. Look, then jump.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

I did 4 h'n'p's on the weekend. Did a tutor jump to look at the effect of all the control inputs on canopy flight, and 3 'brake' jumps (stayed in brakes all the way). 3 from 8k and a 15 sec delay from 13.

'twas quite fun, and cold. and my landings improved significatly with video and feedback.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies