Steel

those damn Muslims strike again

Just a suggestion, but why not just ignore it instead.

I'm sorry if you had a hard time reading it, but the ice cream does fit in the context, at least for me. I just couldn't not reply to the views expressed, but it was a choice between a direct rational counterattack, which would contribute to nothing, since it would probably diminish the chances, slim as they were, of ever reaching a point on which we can all agree, or expressing my contempt for such views in a way that would not be perceived as a personal attack on the guy who stated them.
So I chose to randomly write about boobies and ice cream and cows and stuff. It was, in a way, a political statement.;)

I completely agree with Jerry. After trying to (peacefully) participate in the discussion it become clear (to me) that it was not going to get anywhere as the way in which many post were being written was very closed-minded and racist. Everyone is entitled to their own views, but I think that one should find an appropriate way to express them without making blanket statements about a race or a people. The ice cream comments in my eyes were a peaceful reaction to comments that I felt I needed to respond to but didn't want to get in a heated go-nowhere argument. Sorry if this made it hard for anyone to read.

Just my thoughts
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

I actually feel that the entire post sucked right up to the ice cream and boobies bit.

What's more, with the post title being what it is (designed to provoke), it is kinda difficult to ignore.

I still think that Steel is really IronMike that is back again.

-----------------------------------------------
Bum's the word!

i really dont agree with the original thread ideas of blaming all muslims.
i think its stupid, and harmful to the important task of fighting those who are guilty of terror.

this is the way to show you disagree without getting into a debate.

just my thoughts on the culture of debating, even if the views presented are not so cultured...

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

I actually feel that the entire post sucked right up to the ice cream and boobies bit.

and then some...
i woukdnt have shed a tear if it had been blocked/deleted right away.

O

P.S
Irish cream ice-cream rules !! B|

"After trying to (peacefully) participate in the discussion it become clear (to me) that it was not going to get anywhere..."

I, too, stuck with the topic at first but it became obvious that Steel was spewing bile from his keyboard, so I diverted to ice cream. Then the boobies came on to the scene and it was Boobie Ice Cream Mayhem! God bless America.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

You know, this one always got me.

...he even used them [chemical weapons] on his own people...

Actually, he used them on people living in his country that were trying to overthrow him. Not justifying it, it was a horrible attack on a mostly civilian population, but they weren't "his people"

His people were the ones that carried out the attacks.

Frankly I'm surprised the thread wasn't locked. We have a few Muslim skydivers that post here, by the way.

Besides, everyone knows its the Reformed Methodist Church of East Dingleberry, Iowa, that are the source of all the world's problems.:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

"After trying to (peacefully) participate in the discussion it become clear (to me) that it was not going to get anywhere..."

Well, as with any discussion, whether it will go anywhere depends a lot on the starting point.

In this case the starting point was a heap of manure. Boobies and ice cream is a huge improvement.

Bum's the word!

I think we can all agree that to have a debate or a discussion one must have the facts straight and be willing to hear other views. An open and reasonable mind is the key to not having your thread get hijacked. Speaking of which, we need to start an ice cream and boobies thread.

I love the way people like yourself have the tendency to throw statements like this around.

"to have a debate or a discussion one must have the facts straight and be willing to hear other views."

As if its clearly understood that this is simply the case. However, the fact is that the only people posting here who know anywhere nearly as much about this topic as I do were posting seriously not silly icecream and boobies messages. Instead the people posting silly stuff were just doing so because they couldn't tolerate a serious disscussion about something which they knew nothing about. It sounded too scary to them they would rather live in happy liberal fantasy.
I on the otherhand was not the least bit affected by the mindless posts. I just scrolled those down.
By the way if living in a fantasy world worked, I.E. playing along and saying, "yes, yes we are all for peace, lets agree on peace with the Muslims." Then maybe one of the 50.000 peace meetings they have had in the last 30 years might have accomplished something but as you see it hasn't. For this I will quote Metalica because they said it best when they said, "To secure piece is to prepare for War"
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

However, the fact is that the only people posting here who know anywhere nearly as much about this topic as I do were posting seriously not silly icecream and boobies messages.

I've read every single one of your posts and nowhere does it seem like you have any particular knowlege of the subject. All of the stuff you said was a mixture of CNN snippets and hate-speak.

Come on. If you put yourself out there as a rug, you're going to get stepped on, man. :D

Bum's the word!

However, the fact is that the only people posting here who know anywhere nearly as much about this topic as I do were posting seriously not silly icecream and boobies messages. Instead the people posting silly stuff were just doing so because they couldn't tolerate a serious disscussion about something which they knew nothing about.

Something which I know nothing about, right... http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=517599#517599

The funny thing is, another 9/11 will never be able to be stopped. It is completely and utterly rediculous to think that we could stop something like that. Look at the guy who just sneaked into the airport in NJ and fell asleep on a plane.

People around the world will always hate americans because we generally fuked alot of people and it will come back to haunt us for the rest of our existence.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

I got that from your first posts. I also got from the next posts that you were afraid to openly disscuss this issue on an open forum. That made me understand your position, kind of like I don't want to disscuss my 55 because I know people are going to get judgemental about it and get on my nerves. But your comment about getting the facts straight went a little to far. I had a good freind in college from computer classes from Israel in the mid 90's. Hanging out with him I met a lot of other Israelis and I can say with certainty that my negative feelings towards Muslims must be multiplied by no less that 10 times to equade how the average Israeli feels about them. I certainly did not close myself off because of that influence I had muslim freinds too and I just saw all of them like two groups that hated each other without any negative feelings towards me. However as the years have passed and I have learned more, I have come to see that the two groups are not equal in my mind. Muslims typically hate Jews above all else but the U.S. does clearly come in second place.

people around the world will always hate americans because we generally fuked alot of people and it will come back to haunt us for the rest of our existence.

While the 9/11 bombing was horrific... I don't want to say we had it coming to us, but.... basically inside the boundaries of the USA, we've been living in a bubble. There's basically no other country that has not been touched by terrorists AND we've played a major role in putting many of the terror supporters into a power position.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

For this I will quote Metalica because they said it best when they said, "To secure piece is to prepare for War"

lol..as soon as you can tell me who Popicca (theres no metal in it) is qouting (because they certainly didnt think that up on thier own..) I might start participating in your debate..however you've already posted a great deal of misinformation and commonly repeated myths about the issue so you'd better start over and do a bit more historical research first..

I decided not to "openly discuss this issue on an open forum" because I didn't feel that what I had to say would make any difference to you in your views. You are entitled to your own views, but if you make statements such as "those damn Muslims strike again" you can't expect to have an open discussion. You have already made it clear that you have your views and you are not willing to change them. I am sorry to hear that by hanging out with Israeli's that your negative feelings toward Muslims were multiplied by 10 times. It is this that causes these kinds of hostile situations in the first place. I know many open-minded Muslims who hold no grudge against Israel or America and I know many Americans and Israeli's who are too closed-minded to accept those Muslims. I feel there is very little that can be done to change this situation.

I know they didn't come up with it on their own but they said and it was good.

Wow ... I'm amazed about the ignorance some people still have. Whatever, you have the right to have your views ... I'm just glad I don't associate with anyone like you ...

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

my negative feelings towards Muslims must be multiplied by no less that 10 times to equade how the average Israeli feels about them.

speaking as an average Israeli...

those who want me dead --> yes
those who don't want me dead ---> very much NO.

Israelis do not hate muslims.
we hate the part of them that refuses to accept us living and want us dead or gone no matter what.

please, with all due respect, state your own views, not those of the average israelies.

O

I just want you to know...

I have been to at least 8 different dairies ( including Tillimook and Umpqua in Oregon MMMMMM) and drive past a bunch of production dairies every day on my way to work. Even tho the smell is terrible.. I still love Ice cream... I have EATEN alot of ice cream I would say hundreds of gallons..... and I have 42DD boobies.......yet I would not characterize myself as knowing EVERYTHING about ice cream and boobies( never had ANY complaints about these). I am not an expert. I think experts are usually self deluded into believing they are experts.

Amazon