BBKid

Aguilera vs. Spears

Yeah, but we're talking about the teenybopper phenomenon here, not people who have had successful careers for years, written their own songs and generally worked hard.

Not that I'm saying CA or BS haven't worked hard...just that Shakira has worked harder and longer.

I think that both CA and BS have worked hard and for many years to get to where they are. If you have seen CA's video of when she was on Star Search, you would understand. She was a talent at a very young age. Lots of competitions and training to get to where she is.

I am sure that the competition to get on the MM club was horrendous. Singing, dancing, acting. I live in Florida. Orlando is flooded with kids who want to get into the Disney machine. The best coaches for all the disciplines. I would say that both have been groomed and trained for years.

Whether people like their particular form of music or not, they definitely have a talent and have worked hard to get where they are.

For some reason, the sight/sound of Britney makes my stomach turn. Really, don't know why, it just does.
As for Christina, I agree that she was a kinky little biotch a couple of months ago, but now she's just an average looking girl (see attachment) who might have a good voice, but uses it for songs I couldn't care less about.:|

before.jpg

after.jpg

Christina started resembling Cruella De Vil too much. If she wasn't 5 feet tall and 80 pounds, she would've scared me!

Brittany should never ever speak. She has to be the least intelligent celebrity out there.

I like Shakira, though. It is sad how she had to "dumb down" her music, because she knew that her thoughtful lyrics that she writes in her own language would never sell here. I like her, even though she had to sell out. I would kill to be able to dance like her!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Whether people like their particular form of music or not, they definitely have a talent and have worked hard to get where they are.

Talent?...mmm..mmmm...well, ok, but this is the thing, if your 'talent' is not enough and you and your music suck, show some skin and POOF, sales go up, talent you said? no my friend. MONEY is the bottom line, if they had talent, no need to dress like a ho' to boost your record sales.

Spears kept trying to put across this role-model image for little girls and then went ueber-sexy. Whatever vocal talent she had as a teen that got her famous has gone in the late-teens/early 20s female vocal shift (nature can be cruel to you girls).

As long as Britney's next step is Penthouse, it doesn't matter if she can sing!

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

, if they had talent, no need to dress like a ho' to boost your record sales.

Now you are starting to sound like my dad (and I am old). Kinda like Elvis appearing on the Ed Sullivan show and they didn't show him from the hips down because he was so suggestive. "These young people are going to go to hay-ulll for dressing like that..."

If a woman wants to walk out on stage and say "I'm hot, look at me", then I'm for it. Gone are the days when women couldn't be sexually agressive and had to be dishonest about themselves. I don't think that good looking, sexy women need to hide it.

CA isn't my personal taste, but I think she has an incredibly powerful voice.

Kinda like Elvis appearing on the Ed Sullivan show

BLASPHEMY!!!!, how dare you compare THE KING to CA or BS?. >:(

I'm not saying that a woman CAN'T show some skin, I mean, if there is a balance between talent and skin, of course baby, example, Cher (I know she's old and stuff) but c'mon, she still rocks.

But the ones who just sing catchy songs that will be forgotten in 2 hours, that's a different story.

I'm not saying that a woman CAN'T show some skin, I mean, if there is a balance between talent and skin, of course baby, example, Cher (I know she's old and stuff) but c'mon, she still rocks.

I don't think that a performer has to be everything to everyone. A singer does not have to write their music, play it, and sing it. Very few groups write all their music. A lot of singers just sing. CA is like that. That is her piece of the pie.

As a matter of personal taste though, I'm not really a Cher fan. Not my taste in music. She doesn't have much of a range or projection. She tries to be sexy, but comes off as skanky.

I agree that a performer should not try to replace talent with sex appeal. CA strikes me as too weird and edgy, so I don't necessary look at her as sexy, but I think she has a powerful vocal range and skill.

THE KING

Marketing and distribution. That's all. Nothing more.

Don't get me wrong, some of his music I still listen to, but there were/are many more artists out there with equal or greater talent than CA, BS, or Elvis that without the publicity will never make it out of the bar/club scene.

Personally, the more the person enjoys/uses the spotlight, the less I like them.

Oh, yea, I did vote. I'm still a bit dizzy too....
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Actually, Christina Aguilera's Stripped CD is one of my guilty pleasures. Her voice is absolutely amazing and she posesses some actual writing talent.

As for the weight she's gained, I think she looks better for it. I don't like the waif look, I prefer dark-haired girls who have a body built for cuddling.B|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

HQ aguilara_03.jpg

Personally, the more the person enjoys/uses the spotlight, the less I like them.

I just do not understand this at all. I am always happy at someones success. If it is working for them, it is all good.

What would happen if your fav singer became unbelievably successful? They are talented and happening. Be happy for them. B|B|

They are talented or they are not. Be happy that it is working for them.