SkyAnt

Broken Hearts

I just broke up with my girlfriend last week.
As well as some long ignored issues, she wanted me to give up Skydiving.
Is this uncommon?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

I just broke up with my girlfriend last week.
As well as some long ignored issues, she wanted me to give up Skydiving.
Is this uncommon?

nope, look at all the money you can now spend on jumping. Every cloud has a silver lining. You will meet a better gal soon, trust me!

she wanted me to give up Skydiving.

That's a TYPICAL woman, when they know what makes you happy, they DON'T want you to have it. :P

At least you don't sound jaded Ivan.

A lot of whuffos feel this isn't much to ask for - they don't see why we have such a passion for an activity that they see as dangerous and wreckless. My closest friends and family still think I will quit the sport - they seem to ask every few months. It used to annoy me, not I just laugh at the predictable routine of it. (happened again last night at the party I was at - meanwhile I had 4 people tell me they wanted to do a tandem now). My ex-girlfriend was a whuffo and didn't like that I would spend every Sat away from her (despite that she had Friday and Sunday night) or how "nuts" we all are (she wouldn't even watch my videos). You just learn to deal with it in time. Some whuffo-skydiver relationships do work out....you just have to find the right one.

Hmm..I guess I am pretty A typical then; if something bothers me, I am much quicker to give you up then to make you give up something..:S

Eh, just learn from your mistakes. There are some pretty kick ass chicks who won't make you give anything up..you just need to know where to find them. ;) (..but someone has already found me, so if I hear of someone else, I'll let ya know:P:)

That would be great skygal3. If you find any just bus em down to me or pass on my email address.
The long-ignored issues Quickdraw was mainly me telling her that I was going to settle down before we got serious. My AFF course sorted that little sucker out.
And, her lack of support when I needed a little understanding.(YES you guessed it! I'm another one of these ***kers that gets depressed for no reason.)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)